Question

Form Submission Rule - File already uploaded

• 20 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a form that has multiple upload boxes.. Is there a way to create a form rule that will limit files being uploaded twice? 

As im saving the files in a sharepoint folder, if its been saved as per a previous upload box action the form fails. 

This is obviously no good for production as this is defiantly a mistake that will happen on the floor. 

Is there a work around other than creating a folder for each box to save into? 

A submit rule would be perfect

7 replies

Badge +8

@MatthewSimmons , do you mean a user attaches the same file in different places on the same form, submits and then workflow errors out?

Or User A submits with FILEA and later User B submits with same FILEA and the workflow errors out?

Badge +3

Hey D,

Yeah Opt 1.. The user filling out the form uploads a photo at the start of the form and then in a different upload box further down the form uploads the same photo again for whatever reason. 
As the photos are going into the same folder, it opens up room for the form to fail.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @MatthewSimmons,

As you store each file, you could rename it to something unique using the SharePoint Online Rename a file action. Do this regardless of whether there are duplicates or not.

Badge +8

Hi @MatthewSimmons , I am not aware of a way to that on the Form itself with Submit Rule and Functions but another option could be to just allow overwrites on the Store a file action…

Badge +3

Thanks for your replies @SimonMuntz & @Deon 

Ill defiantly find my solution with those suggestions

Appreciate it!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As you Store the file you can also set Overwrite option to Yes. The workflow action will then not fail.

It seems unlikely that duplicate filename would ever be a valid scenario for photos?

Edit: Deon beat me to it!

Badge +3

haha thanks @BarryCairns