Skip to main content

Ok, so the last post on this was 5 years ago. We are trying to send documents through docusign using the docusign connector. 

This is great for single signatures; however, we need to send one document to multiple users for signature at one time and cannot pass the multiple users through to the action since it’s a button command and the recipient field wont’ take semicolons.

We wouldn’t know how many people need to sign something up front. So this will vary. If I try to pass variables through that are empty, it fails. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I ran into the same scenario myself recently and felt it was a little difficult to get anything done, what I am not sure about is if we limitation is on our side or on DocuSign’s side, from a quick look at DocuSigns API it does appear to be possible but without diving in it is hard to tell for sure, it does seem however that the same is for all of the sign services we support where each Assignee is individually assigned.

First I would suggest raising this as an idea on https://ideas.nintex.com, to allow for dynamic recipients/signers/participants in Docusign, AdobeSign and Nintex eSign (post the link here and I will vote for it too)

As for a solution for you today would be based on an assumption that you know the upper limit of assignee’s you can have, If you know that then you can either build a branch by value and copy the Docusign action onto each branch, 1,2,3 and configure them with 1 2 or 3 assignees, output the outcome and package ID to the same variables and you can use a single get a signed document value back, I would also recommend taking all of the actions you have in the outcome branches and again put them on a branch by value underneath evaluating the output outcome of the docusign action used, that way you don’t have to handle so many actions.

As the actions are different you can configure them separately in a manual way.

To take it even further you could export this to component workflows and build new ones for how many recipients you need.

Again, as much as this is expandable up to any number of recipients I wouldn’t recommend this past perhaps 5? it would make the workflow just too difficult to manage and maintain.

Hope this helps

Jake 

Hi @brandiwoodson 
Can I mark Jake’s answer as the best in this scenario?

Hi @brandiwoodson 

I ran into the same scenario myself recently and felt it was a little difficult to get anything done, what I am not sure about is if we limitation is on our side or on DocuSign’s side, from a quick look at DocuSigns API it does appear to be possible but without diving in it is hard to tell for sure, it does seem however that the same is for all of the sign services we support where each Assignee is individually assigned.

First I would suggest raising this as an idea on https://ideas.nintex.com, to allow for dynamic recipients/signers/participants in Docusign, AdobeSign and Nintex eSign (post the link here and I will vote for it too)

As for a solution for you today would be based on an assumption that you know the upper limit of assignee’s you can have, If you know that then you can either build a branch by value and copy the Docusign action onto each branch, 1,2,3 and configure them with 1 2 or 3 assignees, output the outcome and package ID to the same variables and you can use a single get a signed document value back, I would also recommend taking all of the actions you have in the outcome branches and again put them on a branch by value underneath evaluating the output outcome of the docusign action used, that way you don’t have to handle so many actions.

As the actions are different you can configure them separately in a manual way.

To take it even further you could export this to component workflows and build new ones for how many recipients you need.

Again, as much as this is expandable up to any number of recipients I wouldn’t recommend this past perhaps 5? it would make the workflow just too difficult to manage and maintain.

Hope this helps

Jake 

Here is my idea. Enhance DocuSign Capabilities - Multiple Users | Nintex Ideas

My next attempt is looping through multiple recipients. Have you tried this yet? We essentially need x number (unknown at all times so branches wouldn’t even cut it anyways) of recipients to sign one final document. The other issues I would have with branches, even if known up front - is they are separate documents. But haven’t tested looping and sending latest signed document to the next recipient. I don’t even know if it will work. I don't’ use DocuSign enough to know if the file gets locked from editing or some weird security thing on the final signed copy.