Skip to main content

Important Update
DocuSign Retiring Legacy Authentication

Are you using DocuSign with Nintex DocGen for Salesforce? If so, DocuSign is making a big change that's going to affect users of DocGen for Salesforce with DocuSign:

Legacy Authentication is being retired
on January 31st, 2025! 

DocuSign have granted an extension for Nintex DocGen until Jan 31st. We still advise completing the recommendations below, as early as your organization can. 

Article Update Log

Sept 27th: Added DocuSign Extension - to Jan 31st 2025.

Sept 24th: Added Office hours 

Action required before January 31st, 2025

DocuSign announced that it will retire its Legacy authentication on September 30, 2024, Nintex DocGen has been granted a final extension to January 31st 2025. Any Nintex DocGen for Salesforce customers currently using our DocuSign (Legacy) integration must make changes before January 31th to continue using DocuSign with DocGen.

No action is required for those using the latest DocuSign integration with DocuSign Apps Launcher (DAL).

Path Forward

To continue to use our DocuSign (Legacy) integration, you must update to the latest version (July release or later) of Nintex DocGen for Salesforce via the AppExchange.

Simply switch your authentication choice to OAuth - Admin Consent or OAuth - Individual Consent in your DocuSign (Legacy) integration configuration in Nintex Admin.

• This can be done in Salesforce Classic or Lightning.
  • Do this for all the Salesforce Orgs you manage (Production, Developer, Sandbox, Scratch). Be sure to do whatever testing your organization requires before updating each Salesforce Org.

How do I do that?

Need help with this?

Office Hours - Dial in to talk with an expert from Nintex on Sept 26th, 27th, 30th, or October 1st.

• Office Hours Option 1 - 8am PDT / 4pm BST
  • Office Hours Option 2 - 4pm PDT / 9am BST (next day)

Contact Nintex Support - Contact Nintex Support if you need specific help after following the step-by-step guides above.

Later...

After September 30th, if your organization would like to move over to using DocuSign’s newest offering, DocuSign App Launcher, we have you covered. Our DocuSign integration works with DocuSign App Launcher. What’s great is you can have both our DocuSign (Legacy) and DocuSign integrations running side-by-side as you migrate each package over at your own speed. See our documentation for how to do this.

Hi there! Is the July release of DocGen available yet? When I attempt to change the DocuSign integration, I don’t have the option for "OAuth - Admin Consent." Am I missing something?

Hi, @LewisGarmston - 

Can you help @zgoldberg with their question above regarding the July release date? We can easily update the article with a new date, if needed.

-Sam

@zgoldberg  - thanks for your question - I have reached out to you in a DM.

Hi Nintex team, 

I just switched our authentication to OAuth - Admin Consent following the steps above for the “fastest” option. For my existing packages, all users are now being prompted with entering a password when they try to generate a document with docusign delivery. How can we make this work like the old “Send on Behalf of functionality”?

Hi, @LewisGarmston! Can you help @greuter with their question, please?