Hyperlink Control, Ain't nobody got Thai for that

• 23 October 2015
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sawat Dii Khrap (male: Hello / Goodbye in Thai, Female: Sawat Dii Ka)

One of the forgotten and misunderstood SharePoint controls that often gets a bad wrap in the community is the Hyperlink control.

• I understand the control, but what is it used for?,
  • How do you use it in workflow?,
  • How can you programmatically set the value/s?,
  • and the list goes on.

I've been  pondering on this very thing for the last couple of weeks since taking on this very blog post, and in the last 8 years of working with Sharepoint, I can probably count on 2 hands the amount of times I've needed to use the Hyperlink control.. shocked.png

But !!! This is not to say we don't love it here at Nintex and thus we invite you to feast your eyes on the newest supported control.. The Hyperlink happy.png

Getting on with the Story.....

First of all, let me paint the picture.. I've just started up a new Thai Restaurant called "Ain't nobody got Thai for that.."

aint-nobody-got-thai-for-that.png

As part of my market research I have hired a heap of college kids at $10 an hour to go around the local area and do reviews on all the Asian style restaurants.. Being new age smart business owner and all,  I have SharePoint with Nintex Forms and Workflow.. I built out a Nintex Forms and deployed a Nintex Mobile layout so they can fill in the form right there in the venue.. The owners won't suspect a thing.. Being millennials and all..

Almost 90% of Millennials say their phones never leave their sides. The first thing that 80% of Millennials do every morning is reach for their smartphones, and 78% spend more than two hours a day texting, surfing, talking, tweeting and — more importantly for businesses — shopping, banking and more. Source

Screenshot_2015-10-22-13-49-36.png

Now with my minions collecting all this great review data, I can adjust my menus, offers etc from the comfort of my office happy.png

screen.png

Good News Story.......

And it doesn't end there.. The Nintex Mobile team have also delivered the functionality of zoom control across the different Platform flavors of Nintex Mobile.. Allowing you to zoom in and out of Images that have been attached inline.. Cool huh.. For more detail check out the help link: Zooming in on images,

Until next Thai,

Laew pop gan mai happy.png

0 replies

Be the first to reply!