Solved

Trying to Integrate SmartForms with SharePoint 2016 On-Prem

• 23 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys,

I'm having a long running battle trying to successfully integrate SmartForms with an On-Prem SharePoint 2016 install. K2 and a dedicated SQL 2014 Server are all up and runnign fine, one of oru staf fis already busily creating very simple workflows, forms etc in K2 Designer and all appears to be working well. I have Sharepoint 2016 up and runnign and followed various guides to get the On-Prem verison ofthe App store up and running but something is not quite right.

I run the SmartForms Sharepoint installer and it runs through the entire process with all Green ticks everywhere.

Going into SharePoint App Catalogue and its site I can see K2 blackpearl for Sharepoint lsited under Apps for Sharepoint and in Site Contents. In Site Contents I click the pretty K2 Blackpearl Icon and it launches the Registration Wizard and asks me to login again, I do and get the next screen:

13436i66B4E727DDCA9AB1.jpg

Anyone got any ideas how I can get the registration wizard to complete here? 

I have to say - this K2 integration with Sharepoint is driving me up thw wall, its taken me 2 months to get it this far!  I had a toone of dramas trying to get the registration wizard to even show up, that was mostly due to the way SharePoint does the lcoal App catalgue and Server certificates ... I jsut hope its not somethign there STILL tyoing this install up!

Any tips and pointers are appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Kallie 23 March 2017, 12:04

View original

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi, 

Which version of K2 are you on?

Badge +9

You can check a few things:

1. Add the URL as trusted sites

2. Turn on compatibility view.

3. Add the app catalogue site URL to trusted sites

4. Try a different browser (chrome) as a test.

5. Make sure your firewall does not block any ports essential to K2.

(http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.7/default.htm#prepare/firewall_settings.htm)

Hi Kallie - thanks for that - IT WORKS!!!

Unsure what the exact fix was as I added the Sharepoint site to the Intranet setting in the GPO and added the K2 site to the Trusted Zone while I was there. Either or fixed it but I wouldn't have got their without your suggestion so all credit goes to you ;)

I was able to install the App, Register and Activate it to the Site Colelction as per the documentation.

I can also now see the Application, Report and Worklist items in the Document library I am playing around in, where I've no run into another issue. I'm happy to close this thread off and mark as 'Solved' for anyone else who may run across this issue in the future. I'll start a new thread for my new issue ;)

For the record my setup is:

K2 version: 4.7
SP version: 2016

Cheers!