Skip to main content

Hello, 

We are currently running K2 Blackpearl 4.6.11 and run our database on Oracle. We have an existing eform which captures employees driving license details. I have a request in asking if it would be possible to send employees a follow up email 1 year after the approval date to review their details. 

My query is would this be possible?  As the efrom has been approved it would be in the state of complete and the workflow actions would be finished. 

I would be grateful for any help or assistance. 

Regards,

Niall 

Hi Niall,

I spent some time looking into this as I was curious, and I believe you have a couple of options. My initial thought is to create a specific Workflow Process that runs daily, parsing through the entire set of dates saved when the eform was initially submitted (if this date/data doesn't exist, this may not be possible). Have the Workflow compare the date (plus a year) with todays date, and if it matches fire an email checking in. 

With the release of 4.7, we have also introduced the "Schedules" functionality which allows schedules to be set to automatically start a Workflow at a particular date in the future, or on a reoccurring pattern. This can allow you to schedule the Workflow Process to fire a year after the submit date. Please see the following documentation for more information and exmaples of set ups:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/4.7/default.htm#K2_Management_Site/Workflow_Server/Schedules.htm

Lastly, another idea I had was to have the eform submission start a seperate specific Workflow that will send the email to check in. Have this Workflow use the 'Timer Step' to "pause" the Workflow for a year, and then afterwards send the email. This functionality was introduced in K2 Five, if you wish to explore this path further you will need to upgrade the environment to the modern version. For more details about the Timer Step, please see the following documentation:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Logic/Timer/Timer.htm

Thanks,

Thomas

Thank you very much for your reply. I now have enough information to give this a go!