Skip to main content
Question

Rename a SMO field and also update it in SQL

• 16 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

If I have a Smartobject with several fields, which later down the line the customer wants certain fields renaming. Sure it’s easy enough to do this in K2 by renaming the SMO fields, but SQL keeps the original name of the field in the K2 DB,

We are running SSIS reports which connect to the K2 DB and SMO to get data, but the fields in SQL keep the original name rather the new updated name.

Any way to update the SMO SQL names without breaking form rules and views?

This would make it easier to understand when other developers connect and wonder why fields don’t match up in SQL and K2.

Otherwise, it’s quite a pain creating a new SMO (using SAVE AS) and then having to re-attached it to views and having to re-do the rules etc etc

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi Sharpharp1

Unfortunately there is no way to rename the fields once it has been created as this Service Object in the Background could be used by another SmartObject and break the Schema if it was renamed. So it's a pain I know but this is the way it was designed for specifically this reason. 

C

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Sharpharp1

Unfortunately there is no way to rename the fields once it has been created as this Service Object in the Background could be used by another SmartObject and break the Schema if it was renamed. So it's a pain I know but this is the way it was designed for specifically this reason. 

C

Ok i thought that might be the case, thanks for confirming