Skip to main content
Solved

K2 v5.7 post upgrade issue - Exchange Online Approvals Smart Actions not working

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

HI,

All was working fine in K2 5.4, but after upgrading to v5.7 we have noticed an immediate problem:

When a Workflows sending an Approval request, the approval replies with Approve/Decline, but the workflow is still sat saying Active as if it hasn’t even received a response.

The service account clearly shows the Approve/Decline email response being received as it enters the Inbox and goes to Deleted. But it is K2 that is not doing anything…

I have the setting <security spamSecurity="Off">  set in the Hostserver.exe.config (which i already had in before the v5.7 upgrade).

There is nothing obvious in the logs, so it seems something has broken Smart Actions with Outlook Online when upgrading from v5.4 to v5.7

Any suggestions on fixing this? I have a ticket in with support, but also asking here as well in case others have come across this problem.

Thanks 

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi SharpHarp1 were you able to solve your issue? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi SharpHarp1 were you able to solve your issue? 

Yes we did, it required a different solution. We have a Hybrid Email setup with Exchange Online. The identity.identity table which has all the users in was showing the main K2 service account as having an email address as if still on-premis. The fix was to run a Sync start on the new identity cache service. After it ran, the email changed back to the exchange online one and approvals started working again. 

Badge +1

Awesome thanks for letting us know.