Question

Create a txt file with K2 Five

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

I know the old legacy K2 Black Pearl can create files in the workflow but can the newer version of K2 Five workflow be used to create a txt file with a forms based workflow?

Thanks

Dave

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Dave

Maybe a bit more context is required, but I will try address what I believe you are struggling with.

With the old designer we could implement our own code directly in the workflow.  This functionality no longer exists in the current designers.  We now achieve this type of functionality through SmartObjects.

You could create the functionality you are looking for using a custom assembly or web service.  Then create a service instance and resultant SmartObject.  Now utilize the functionality from anything that can consume a SmartObject, be that Nintex On Prem Workflow, Smartforms, or custom code.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dave,

I would recommend looking into Azure Functions for this sort of requirement. 

Here is a guide on how to get started : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-create-function-app-portal

best,

Steve

Badge +6

I was able to create a SQL Stored Procedure that would create a file from data. Looked very promising until I ran into a formatting limitation...I think. The formatting has to be very specific for consumption by another application. I will look into these other options too...thanks .

Dave

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi again,

If you re proficient in SQL and writing Stored Procedure, you could write the html in the stored proc and then pass it to the Create PDF  method.

PDF Converter SmartObject

There is good documentation on using the PDF converter on Help.nintex.com