Skip to main content

Hi,

I have an autocomplete which i want the user to type into, to narrow down and pick an item - This is working fine (although slow due to it searching the data)

Upon picking that item, I want to transfer all the other attributes (not shown in the autocomplete, but in the smartobject) to a list underneath, but its not working.

I have tried a Transfer rule, nothing happens

I tried a List method, but this slow as it loading the entire dataset again and i filter on the Autocomplete.

Any ideas?

Hi!

What do you mean by "list underneath"?

Is there an item view with the ac-control and then a list view below that?

Maybe you could post a screenshot of the layout and your rules, so we are all talking about the same thing :)

Alex

Right then, lets add some clarity.

1) It's a list view

2) 1x Autocomplete control above the list

3) Autocomplete control is attached to Smartobejct LIST method. It uses a value (what the user types and i want to lokup against) and displays 4 fields in the autocomplete and this narrows down as the user adds more characters (this works fine)

4) I have a rule which says, when autocomplete is changed, transfer data, which i am trying to transfer ALL the fields (not just the 4 displayed in the autocomplete) from the smartobject for that selected record in the autocomplete to the LIST below the autocomplete control

But nothing gets transferred when i run the form.

I've added the necessary Smartobject fields to the Dispalys rules in the Transfer data rule.

That any clearer?

Thanks

We are getting there :)

Where in the List view do you want to transfer the data to? The Create/Edit Row or somewhere in the List?

Let's say your list view displays 5 rows. Wich row do you want to transfer the data to?

Edit:

Oh wait, another question:

What control do you use in the List View? Are they Data Labels?