cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

can i support 150 concurrent users on SharePoint + Nintex workflow 2010 (one app server VM and one database VM)

Jump to solution

What should be the cpu and Ram requirements? the workflow is simple and involves parallel editing of excel.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: can i support 150 concurrent users on SharePoint + Nintex workflow 2010 (one app server VM and one database VM)

Jump to solution

If you are talking about near 150 concurrent users, you should first think on Sharepoint 2010 Capacity planing and plan for performance.

Take a look at

Download Capacity planning for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 from Official Microsoft Download Cen...

Plan for performance and capacity management in SharePoint Server 2013

Also take a look at the Workflow limits section on this Pamela Denchfield​ 's document >>> SharePoint limits related to Nintex Workflow

Personally, on a bank, I built processes with +100 running instances of workflows on a same list. I did many POCs so as to adapt my need to the current capacity.

How will be your concurrency? Will 150 users authenticated at the same time upload 150 documents?

Consider building a "starter workflow" that will start your main workflow with some "wait" logic so as not to have many instances at the same time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: can i support 150 concurrent users on SharePoint + Nintex workflow 2010 (one app server VM and one database VM)

Jump to solution

Thanks Fernando.

My scenario is also for bank internal departmental usage.

The concurrency is that at busy period, 150 concurrent users are supported. Assume each of those 150 concurrent users (1) upload and start Nintex parallel approval workflow; and (2) download several excel from SharePoint library.

My current infrastructure is:

1) One WFE server: 4 CPU vCore, 12G RAM

2) One Database server: 2CPU vCore, 20G RAM

Adding new server is not preferred because of license cost. Do I need more resources?

0 Kudos