cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Workflow Email Reminders

Hi

I would like to have a reminder email set up on my workflow and I am slightly unsure how to do this. I have been reading various things and I am getting a little confused, so apologies if it has been asked before!

What I would like the reminder to do - If the Workflow Status is "In Progress"

Then a reminder email is sent out to the "Approvers" as a reminder to complete the task.

I currently use the following task for the approval task, which achieves exactly what I need -

But I have now found out there is a "Reminder" in the "Assign Flexi Task" .

But it does not really act in the same way as "Request Approval"

Is anyone able to assist, I has seen there is something about "Query List"?  i.e. querying the list status and send an email until it is "complete"?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Workflow Email Reminders

Hi

I have found this useful PDF

How to configure reminders and escalate a workflow using delegation

This talks about a "Task Reminder"

This seems to be what I want to do?  But I need some further help!  I need something to query the "Workflow Status"  - I am presuming a query list - which I am not familiar with

> if it says "In Progress" > send Reminder

> It says "Rejected"/"Approved" > Stop sending reminders

I presume this could be done in a ForEach or a Loop?  > which I have also not used!

Any assistance will be appreciated.

I will update here if I get any further.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Hi Karen,

The Flexi task would be the single most used control for user interaction I use. This is because it allows you to have more option outcomes that a decline and approve - plus it has the reminders built in.

Personally, I would cut your approval task over to a Flexi. With the reminders enabled, the approver will get the email reminders when the task is not actioned, without having to worry about any other controls to add. You can also configure Escalation, if action is not taken within a designated timeframe.

You can also still just have two outcomes if you want.

Regards,

Mark

jaycheong
Nintex Newbie

Hi Mark,

I'm new to Nintex and would like to add my query onto this discussion as it is an extension of the topic.

Here's the scenario. I'm wanting to test Reminder email alerts if item not actioned - approve/reject, one (1) Day after item creation and every hour thereafter if still not worked on.

1. I've created a Workflow Variable (called My Due Date Variable).
  2. Added a Calculate Date action. Entered "1" in the Days field. Also ticked 'Use date when action is executed' option. Stored the date in My Due Date Variable.
  3. Added Flexi Task action. Set Due Date field to My Due Date Variable. Under Reminder tab, I added "20" for Number of reminders field. Also added "1" for Hours field.

Problem: I received the email alert 1 hour after item creation (and subsequent hours). It acts as though the Due Date field did not matter and Reminder alerts were not dependent upon Due Date Variable.

Would you be able to shed some light? Many thanks.

Best regards,

Jay

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Mark

I currently have this approval on my request approval

]

I can confirm that I need the "Only one approval is required" as this is what is required on our specific workflow. I think that this is why the approval was selected and not the flexi task.  The behaviour did not seem to have the same options. First response applies is available on both flexi task and request approval, so I cannot seem to choose this.

If you have any other ideas that would be very helpful.

I am unsure about the escalation as I have not used this part, I will look into this., thanks for the suggestion. As all I was hoping to do was send an email when the task was outstanding!

Thank you for you help.

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

I have been looking into this and wondering if it was possible to set up something like this

Set up the a "Task Reminder" to run in parallel to the Approval?  I have set up the reminder

I am not sure if this resolves my issue?  But maybe a start.

Any ideas?

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

I have now found this blog

Club Help

Which outlines the exact same solution I have suggested above! I found this after I posted the above and was still looking for other solutions.

I will see how this goes for the moment.

Karen

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi

I set this up as a development workflow to myself and ran it so it wold sent a reminder to me (I was the initiator etc) and the reminder was set for 10 minutes)

A reminder appeared as below -

I will be using this solution for the moment.

Thank you for your help.

Karen

0 Kudos