cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

What is the best way to route a user for response after selecting Yes in a Assign Flexi Task

Jump to solution
  1. I have a list item where the item will be assigned to multiple assignee's
  2. The assignee's  must Approve or Rejected  
  3. All  assignee's must respond
  4. If the assignee's choose Approve they must then complete a field called "Comments"

First Question

If the assignee's select Approve am I forced to send them another email to complete the "Comments" field.  My hope was that I could have the assignee's complete the Comment field information immediately after choosing "Approve", but my assumption is that this is not a dynamic process and that I need to trigger another email requesting this information to be completed.

Second Question

Currently I have the Workflow settings set to every-time an Item is created.  Is this the correct Workflow setting ?  My concern is if I put any actions after the Approve or Reject branch then the workflow will not work until I check off the On Modified" setting.  However, if I check off the modified setting then will an assignee notification email generate every time there is a modification on the item or is the flexitask smart enough to know the assignee notification email has already been sent and not to send out again...

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: What is the best way to route a user for response after selecting Yes in a Assign Flexi Task

Jump to solution

First Answer:

At the Configure Action window of the task, each task outcome ("Aprove", "Reject") has a icon to the left. That is the "Edit" button. Click on it to configure the outcome, including setting Comments as Optional, Required or None.

Second Answer:

Approving o Rejecting will not cause a modification on your item, so a new WF instance will not start

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: What is the best way to route a user for response after selecting Yes in a Assign Flexi Task

Jump to solution

David, in addition to what Fernando replied for your second issue. If you need to modify the item the task is running on (after the approve or reject) and your task workflow start method is On Create, then any modifications to the item will not start the task workflow again.

If however, you want the task restarted on specific modifications to your item, then you will need some method to set that condition (after the approve or reject occurs). We do this with an additional field in the list, usually a Yes/No column.

You will also need to test for this field's status at the top of your task workflow to ensure the task only runs again when the right condition exists. If the condition isn't satisfied, you can just exit the workflow without starting another task.

Hope this helps,

Gerard

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, ‌!  

Do you have a correct answer here? If so, can you click "mark correct' on one? Thanks!

Frank

0 Kudos