cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update Item Not Working Correctly

We have a workflow in production where an update item action is not actually updating the item. An approver approves the flexi task, the workflow moves to the update  and completes it, but the field remains not updated. The wait action in yellow is waiting for the update item to complete (don't ask me why, I did not develop this workflow). I've included an image of the workflow history and the workflow details. This incident appears to be isolated, as in it is only happening on this item in our list. The rest of our list items are updating correctly. Also, due to our corporate policy I am not able to go into the actual log files to see if there is an error. Any ideas?

update item.PNGwiat for rebate.PNG

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Update Item Not Working Correctly

Hello,

When I see this type of thing happen, it usually has to do with the data that is being used to update the item.   If you could describe the columns and their data types as well as the values you are attempting to update this item with it'll help a lot in troubleshooting.  Also, you could try using a Commit Pending Changes action after your item update. 

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Mike,

The column is a choice and the action is switching the value from No to Yes.

I'll look into the Commit Pending Changes action but I don't think that will solve our problem. The issue is isolated to a single list item in Prod and I am unable to recreate the error in QA. One idea our team had was that the workflow file size could be an issue (1.3MB), and this was causing stress on the Nintex/SharePoint Engine when running multiple instances of the workflow..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello,

I am facing the same issue for update item. The size of the workflow I am using is in KBs ,moreover when the size exceeds it does not allow publishing the workflow even, So workflow size does not seems to be the plausible cause. One plausible cause I suspect is that the workflow stores true and false as values for yes/no variables while in the list in sharepoint these variables are taken as yes/no values. So when update item is performed the two values conflict.So it seems to cause the conflict.

0 Kudos