cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Repeating Section storing data

Jump to solution

The information entered by user does not seem to be stored, or displaying onto the next form.

I followed the instructions on this link http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx but it still doesn't seem to work.

Is there a clearer explanation to the one above or another solution?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Repeating Section storing data

Jump to solution

Hi Haryanti,

the input should be stored in the FormData.

When opening the already saved SharePoint List/Library Item, is the data shown on the form?

Is other data completed on the re-opened form?

Is the function of your Save button set to Save & Submit?

You should be able to open the raw .xml attachment somehow so you can check whether or not the form workflow you found on Vadim's website has any use.

You don't tell what you have checked already. I would start with the above, but perhaps you find them to obvious.

Regards,

Natasja

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Haryanti

Here are some screenshots to help you see where this should be done. 

Create a multiple line of text field in SharePoint.  In my example I called it "RepeatingSectionItems"

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 12.31.38 PM.png

Go to the form and highlight the repeating section.  Look in the ribbon at the top and locate the connected to drop down.  Click on that and select RepeatingSectionItems.

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 12.32.17 PM.png

Thats it.  When the form data is saved, the information in the relating section will show up as XML in the RepeatingSectionItems field.

One thing to note, you should ensure that your fields in the repeating section are actually showing up or linked to the repeating section.  To do this, I would suggest hitting preview, and seeing if all columns actually repeat.  If they do not, be sure to either cut and paste them into the section or drag them into the section appropriately.

Eric

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Eric, thank you once again for the detailed explanation.

Unfortunately, I did encounter some obstacles with your solution.

Since my repeating section will only be enabled during the workflow process (after the initial task form), the solution you provided me with does not work. I've been trying to find a way to work around this, using Call Web Service or any of the Workflow Actions provided. I am still trying to tweak your solution so that it will be more compatible to solve my problem, however, I am coming up short. If you do know how to work around this, do share!

However, I did try your solution (with the initial task form). The XML code comes with the number (for the list lookup list) instead of the string name.

This is the code:

I want the numbers to come up as string names so instead of the number 25, it would be the string name Application.

This might be long and confusing but if you need me to further explain with examples, I will take screenshots of the dummy process.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Natasja,

My initial form does not enable the repeating section, only when it running through the Workflow, does it come up.

So for example, the user goes to the initial task form and submits it, it goes through the workflow, and another task form link will be directed to them (which includes the repeating section part). They will have to complete the task form, which includes the repeating section, and that's the part which I am having trouble with.

How do I store the information from the repeating section from the workflow into the SharePoint?

Sorry for not being specific enough. Hope you understand this better.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
simon
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Haryanti

I think what you're say here about your process is that:

• You start a process using a start form
  • As part of the process a form with a repeating section is supposed to be created
  • A task is then assigned to someone and has the repeating section in the form

Am I correct?

In this case, you do the opposite of that Vadim and Eric have suggested, in that you need to construct the xml that the repeating section will make use of rather than pick it apart using workflow.

My suggestion is that you use a list to store the information in that you want the user to respond to. Have workflow create a list item where the list item form has a repeating section connected to a multi-line text field. Now all you need to do is have workflow create the xml that represents the form (so build up the xml that looks similar to the screen shot in Eric's reply)

When the user gets the task and opens the list item, the repeating section will contain the right content (assuming you have created your xml correctly)

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos