cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rota88
Nintex Newbie

Re: Set user to people people picker as default value

This post is a continuation of this one.

My problem is setting the default value of a People control on a form. For example, I type in my email in the Default value setting of the People control in question. When I preview the form, sure enough my user identity populates that control as the default.

However, outside of a preview contextwhen I open the form in response to its taskthere is no default value prepopulating the control.

This problem holds true for:

• Nintex Forms 2013 on a list
  • When using an email, display name, or a login ID in the Default value setting,
  • Firefox Quantum 60.8.0esr, Internet Explorer 11.3143.14393.0, and Google Chrome 70.0.3538.102
Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Hi @rota88,

Check how the Common:Current User is formatted and use it for setting the Default value; use a calculated field with Common:Current User. Use that formatting in the default value of your people picker. This I tested and seems to work for me.

NB: in my case it consisted of the windows claims token, the domain and the (short) user name.

0 Kudos
rota88
Nintex Newbie

Thank you for the reply @jpmhuls. Unfortunately, my problem persists.

Common:Current User is formatted as a login ID; as stated in my original post, a login ID set as the default value may show up in the control when using the form preview, but not when answering the form itself.

_______

At this point, I suspect there is a setting in the form (or outside) that is affecting my People control.

0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Ok, so it seems to be extracted from the User Info List.... How did you set the default value when using the user's display name, with or without (double) quotes? I tried in a test form without the qoutes and that just worked like a charm; when putting inside double quotes I get an error page.

Have you tried the same in another site collection?

0 Kudos
rota88
Nintex Newbie

@jpmhuls When using a display name sans quotes, my problem persists.

When including quotes, the form preview does not become prepopulated, so that type of formatting is outright incorrect.

I am not of a high enough administrative level to check site collection settings.

______

When I Connect the People control to a field that already has information (for example, Assigned To), it becomes prepopulated with that information (i.e. the assignee). In this situation, any Default Value gets overwritten.

For more context about my problem, when I Connect the control to a field with no information, what appears to be happening is the Default Value I set gets overwritten once again. Overwritten by nothing.

0 Kudos