cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Query list to retrieve values from single columns filtered by specific column in the same list

I have a query list control at the beginning of a list workflow that queries another comprehensive list of inspectors with multiple columns (Email_Address, Support_Staff, etc.).  I'm filtering by Insp_Full_Name, a calculated column concatenating values in the columns First_Name & Last_Name and passing the value in the Email_Address column into a workflow variable named WV_INSP_EMAIL.   We have been able to make this work in a workflow on a different site just fine but for some reason I haven't had any success doing the same with this workflow.  I feel I'm missing something ridiculously simple, but I haven't had that "Eureka!!" moment yet.  The configuration is pictured below:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

...and here's the CAML editor view.  I did a side-by-side comparison with the CAML editor for the query list control in the workflow we've had success with and the code structure is identical!

Capture.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated since, as of right now, I am stumped!  Thanks for all you support!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Query list to retrieve values from single columns filtered by specific column in the same list

write smeInspector variable value to workflow log and check whether it contains expected value, and present in the list.

make sure it matches exactly (eg. there there are not leading or trailing or doubled spaces, etc)

make sure there there are not any non printable characters, typically non breakabale space instead of regular one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Query list to retrieve values from single columns filtered by specific column in the same list

I wrote smeInspector to the log.  It's actually an item property--the value is entered into a field on the item (start) form.  Log showed this value being passed just fine.  I also wrote the workflow variable WV_INSP_EMAIL to the log (with a separate entry/control).  The log message returned null/empty.

It seems that the query list control is either not pulling the value from the target list and/or not passing that value into the workflow variable chosen as the output choice in the configuration.  WV_INSP_EMAIL is a valid workflow variable and is a single line of text datatype.

As I mentioned, the Insp_Full_Name column in the target list is a calculated column concatenating the values in the columns First_Name and Last_Name and returned as a single line of text as well.  However, the same column setup has presented no problems with our workflow that is successful.  Also, if I configure the query list control to retrieve data from a non-calculated column that is a single line of text datatype I get the same results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

if you test it with Run now, does it work?

try it with the name copy pasted from workflow log, and as well with the name copy pasted from list field.

can you test with a name consisting of some very simple string - just few characters with no spaces, special characters, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

The problem was actually with the list itself.  There was something (not exactly sure what) that the query didn't like about it.  I created a new list and the query action worked just fine.  Thanks so much for your prompt response!

0 Kudos