cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Query Multiple Libraries to get files based on metadata

Jump to solution

Hi, i have 10 libraries to query and get files with status -ready to move and copy these files to 2nd lib. so far i have done queering one lib, filter based on status and copy the files to 2nd lib. 

Any help is appreciated !

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Query Multiple Libraries to get files based on metadata

Jump to solution

there's no an action that would query multiple targets at the same time.

your best option is to populate library names/GUIDs into a collection, then iterate over the collection with for each loop action, and within the loop perform all the actions you have already in place for single action.

if the single libraries are from different sites, you might need one additional collection that will store site URLs for each library.

note that you will have build whole CAML query on your own with 'CAML editor' option. CAML builder doesn't list libraries from other site(s) not it allows to supply library name from variable.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You can also first, complete building the query for one of the list using Query builder and then click on CAML editor for one library. Later make the ListID and Site URL as workflow variables displayed in the snapshot.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

HI Marian, 

I have multiple libraries within same site. 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

so then it's quite simple, isn't it? you need only one collection 

my above  hint is still valid, it's just simplified  so that you can hard-code 'Site URL'

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank You Marian and Avinash for your help!

I have set variable action and used list look up--> source as 1 lib earlier, now that i am able to loop through all lib's how does the source read through all lib's ? and how do i update the column in multiple libraries with value from variable ?

Basically I am capturing the url of item in column A in lib 1 and copying the value from colum A (lib 1) to Column A in ib 2. I have assigned embedded ur to varsouceurl variable  and updating column A with varsouceurl; moving the item to lib2 and updating Column A in lib2 with value in Column A in lib 1.   How to choose varGUID's instead 1 Source Documents lib ?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm not quite sure from your description what exactly you're doing. try to provide more details and some screenshot how does your design look like.

however I've a feeling that you didn't get the point what I tried to depict in above post and you're going into some wrong direction.

this is how IMHO design of your workflow should look like

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

that shouldn't be a problem, item/dokument URL would one of columns that you need to query for with Query list action as I mentioned above.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank You Marian. I got the result.