cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heget
Nintex Newbie

Purge/Terminate workflow data

OK well I need a clear explanation!

I know that we have several actions how to terminate / purge wf data.

From Central Admin, by NWADMIN operations and by PS.

But I need deeper explanation some of this actions.

Always before Purge any data I have to terminate RUNNING and ERRORED wf's isn't it?

After Terminated those data I can Purge HISTORY LIST and than HISTORY DB ok ?

Actually I have more questions.

For example:

If I have deleted site/list and running wf's - how I can terminate ?

If I use -movedata /backup/restore Site with all old sessions of WF's - how I can terminate & purge those data from restored SiteCollection ?

Because If I use same list sometimes I get strange errors and if I look on list settings>settings of workflow and I see that there are many old version and also with number of running wf's. But when I show all running workflows from this site where list is, there were only new published wf's. Any idea how to terminate & purge those old (restored-deleted) data?

Many thanks if this explain some expert.

Thanks.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Purge/Terminate workflow data

Hi,

Q. Always before Purge any data I have to terminate RUNNING and ERRORED wf's isn't it?

A. No, you can purge workflow History and Data without stopping running workflows or canceling Errored workflows.

Q. If I have deleted site/list and running wf's - how I can terminate ?

A.  The NWAdmin.exe –o PurgeHistoryListData operation has the -deletedLists parameter to purge all workflow history for lists that have been deleted.

The NWAdmin.exe -o PurgeWorkflowData operation has the same parameter -deletedLists as well as -deletedSites.

For workflows you can use the NWAdmin.exe -o SyncTerminatedWorkflows operation with the

-terminateDeletedItems parameter to terminate workflows that may be running on items that no longer exist.

Q. If I use -movedata /backup/restore Site with all old sessions of WF's - how I can terminate & purge those data from restored SiteCollection ?

A. See above answers.

NWAdmin tool documentation: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/NWAdmin-Operations-Nintex-Workflow-2013/td-p/8...

heget
Nintex Newbie

Re: Purge/Terminate workflow data

Well nice post so it doesn't matter what you make first, if terminating/cancelling or purge data of wf.

OK but if I look to Nintex Content DB and focus on HumanWorkflowApprovers / Metadata so I have the same records here even if I purged data.

So could I manually or with some nwadmin commands purge those data, because CA says me that threshold is for 50k records and I have more. And there are really old records what I saw.

Thanks.

0 Kudos