cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Pre populate another list new form when drop down value changes in current list form

Hi,

I have a list A which contains one drop down and the values are x, y and z. When Y is selected, I need to auto populate the new form from list B then I have to fill list B new form before submitting the list A form. 

Please help me out in achieving this!

Thanks,

Chaithra

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Pre populate another list new form when drop down value changes in current list form

Hi, 

Use a JavaScript Modal Dialog containing a frame where the URL is the "New Item" one of list B.
And let this Modal appearing once you select a certain value from the Drop down.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Pre populate another list new form when drop down value changes in current list form

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I found out the way to do this. It's working fine now. Thank you for the support!.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Excellent - can you detail your approach in case others have the same requirement please?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Let's assume that my drop down ID is MyddlID
NWF$(document).ready(function(){

NWF$("#" +MyddlID).change(function(){
var obj = NWF$('#' + MyddlID + ' option:selected').val()

if(obj=="Y"){
javascriptSmiley FrustratedP.UI.ModalDialog.showModalDialog({ url:'list B url', title: 'B-New Item' });

}
});
});

And also here I have question: How to hide "Close button on the top-right of the page"?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Dear ‌,

Please take in consideration freezing the screen behind the Modal Dialog.

Regards,

Accept as Solution Reply