cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow error "Cannot find item with id"

Hi to all.

I have a SharePoint 2013 forms library. Users are filling a form and after it is saved an approval workflow starts. A few persons have to approve the form. Basic flow of the workflow: task is assigned to user, he/she clicks on approved and afterwards the initiator gets an info email.
Sometimes there are problems with sending the notification mail. Workflow runs in state “Error” with following message: Failed to send notification. Cannot find item with id 132 in list 'Listname'. Check the user has at least read permissions.
Item with ID 132 is the item itself on which the workflow is running. Seems to me as if the workflow cannot find its own item and as a consequence workflow is not able to determine the Initiator property.

Of course all users have at least read permissions.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Workflow error "Cannot find item with id"

Take a look a that ítem permissions.

Perhaps you are using an action to set permissions and have deleted READ Permissios for initiator.

Initiator should have at least READ Permissions

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

No, I'm not modifing permissions and all users have "Contribute" permissions on this library. They have Contribute permissions on the entire portal.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem..

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Did you find the solution? this is happening for us now and I suspect that OKTA (SAML authentication provider) is culprit as its loosing the auth token, but it's also possible if your SP server and user domain is different, I'm still troubleshooting it now will post if I find anything.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi all,

I did not find a solution yet. I'm in contact with Nintex for a long time now. I splittet the workflow in several parts and optimized it with many "Commit pending changes" actions, but it is not solved.

What I can see, the error seems to happen when the workflow paused for some days and then tries to resume.

I'm still in contact with Nintex...

Best regards

Sebastian

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Has anyone solved this yet?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I am having this issue too. It seems to be failing specifically at a certain point where I am pausing for 4 weeks. Nothing has changed in regard to permissions at this point so I'm not sure what is going on. We use SAML so I guess it might be related?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Again, has anyone solved this yet?  We are having the same problem, but the workflow has only been paused for days.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We also have this issue. Anyone who has a solution ?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply