cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help with Approver Comments showing up in e-mail notification

Jump to solution

I have a Flexi task that gives a reviewer the option to "Approve" or send back with "Comments to be addressed". It allows the reviewer to fill in Comments.

approval.JPG

I have an e-mail notification set up in the workflow that notifies the document creator that their item has either been Approved or needs comments to be addressed on it. I want the "Comments" from this screen above to appear in that e-mail notification, but I've tried inserting all the relevant fields that I think contain this information and every single e-mail comes does not contain any of the comments that were entered in this box. The e-mails do contain the item name and status. Can someone point out another field that would contain this data that I'm not inserting?

nintext fields.JPG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Need Help with Approver Comments showing up in e-mail notification

Jump to solution

The approver comments are stored against the task, which will be in a task list and not on the actual item you are running the WF.  So to ge the comments you'll need to query that list for the task and pull the approver comments from that item.  So on your Flexi-Task, create an ID variabel to store the Flexi-task ID. 

CaptureApproverComments_1.png

Then in your WF after the Flexi-Task is approved, add a query list action. Query your task list where the Flexi-task is stored for the task that has the same ID as the one you stored in your variable.  Then pull the approver comments for that task and store those in a variable.  Then you can add that variable to your email notification.

CaptureApproverComments_2.png

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brendan - This makes sense, now I just have to get it configured. Step 1 on the Configure Flexi Tax - the "Store Task IDs in" drop down is completely empty and there doesn't look like a way to add an item here. How do I add that Task ID there?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You need to create a new variable that is the type List item ID. Once you do that, that variable will display in that drop down.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Brendan - I have followed the steps up above and have my comments passing to a single line of text variable. They show up in the history list when I log them in the history list. When I try to pass that variable into a notification, nothing shows up in the email. Do I need to use a different kind of variable? Any help is appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

This post helped me alot. I got my work done. I was thinking of using regular expression and split the timestamp. This post made my day. Thank You Brendan For the superb answer. I really appreciate it. 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

‌, sorry for the very late reply.  At the time you posted this reply I was outside the Nintex world.  Did you ever get your issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Brendan, on the last step (screenshot) I see at ApproverComments you have choose st_ApprovalComments. On my workflow i can only chosse TaskID nothing else. Whats wrong on my workflow?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
that is a variable, which you need to create.
Create variable > single line > give it a name and save the variable.

Now you can select it from the drop down option.
0 Kudos