Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susinghal
Nintex Newbie

List Workflow stopping unexpectedly at change state in some items

Jump to solution

Using SharePoint 2013 Enterprise, Nintex workflow 2013 standard for SharePoint

List Workflow stopped unexpectedly with an error email at change state in some items. in workflow history, now it shows as cancelled or errored workflow.

While troubleshooting I clicked on the item with example ID - 1327 and then its associated workflow history, it shows workflow started at 5 Oct 2019 7:52 PM and ended at 5 Oct 2019 8:29 PM. But once I click on the link of workflow I can see still see workflow running.

The main problem is the item lost task associated with it. And hence users are not able to see the tasks in my tasks list. Also, I am running another workflow which calls Nintex service to give detail of the task associated with the item which gives result as empty and hence further process stops, which was unexpected to me.

Upon diagnosis, I found in the workflow which errored for some items, there is a delay in "Change state" action for this item was like 35 minutes, could be the reason why later item loose task details associated to it.

Screenshots are attached any help will be highly appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: List Workflow stopping unexpectedly at change state in some items

Jump to solution
Based on the description of the issue it looks like there is an issue with the Workflow Timer service (Change state deleay), A topology issue (Failed to run) or some other performance issue.
Regardless, tasks should not lose their association.
0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

@susinghal ....another possibility is someone might have deleted the task from task list....have you verified the same?

Also, I see in one of your screenshot that you've enabled verbose logging in Nintex workflow. If you click on the action, it will show you detailed information about which variable was having what value before and after that action. Try to see if that helps.

0 Kudos
susinghal
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yeah this looks to me timer service issue as well & I followed below link and till now it seems I am able to fix it.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Workflows-and-the-SharePoint-services-required...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos