cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Task Form

Jump to solution

How do I copy over the Nintex Form designed for the submitter into Edit Task Form? My Form has so many fields so I have created a 6 tabs and grouped the fields together for each tab. The approver is required to add more information to the form when the approver gets notification, so I'm usinf edit task form . But the layout that I have already designed doesn't copied over into the Task Form and I have to start all over again. Any idea how to fix it?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
24 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Edit Task Form

Jump to solution

I'm sorry that I'm a little confused by your situation as your details are not clear. Please let me know if I understand correctly.

• A list item edit from was changed to a Nintex form with 6 tabs of fields
  • There is a workflow to approve the item created ('the approver")
  • There is a task in the workflow to approve the item, this task requires the assignee to add data to the item (which has a custom form)

If that is the case, then you do not need to customize the Task form within the workflow but assign a todo task asking the assignee to update the data to the item and in the task and in the task notification, provide a link to the item url. They either click edit on the item, or you can even provide the link to the EditForm.aspx of the item with some Common variables to build the link string.

When the user provides the data they can then complete their todo task.

Another way to accomplish this is to provide a custom task form that has only the fields that the assignee needs to fill out. So instead of 6 tabs, maybe the user only needs to fill out 6 fields. Then on the task custom form you have these 6 fields, save data to variables, and add that data back to the item.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

The approver has to see what has been submitted and review the items before he fills out his fields. The submitter fills out about 40 fields and those fields must be reviewed by approver and then the approver would fill out his part.Only the approver should see those fields.

What is the best way of designing this?

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

In the form, make the approver tab visible based on a Rule or advanced field condition, or javascript condition. Test if the user is in a specified SharePoint Group (which only the approver would be in) then make the tab or panel visible or editable if true.

OR

On the item form that has all of the fields and tabs, make the tab and or fields not editable on the create and edit form FOR ALL Users. Then create a custom task form for the approver that has the fields that they need to fill out and save the response in variables, then update the item with those values. In this case, only the task assignee has the form to fill out the approver fields.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Do you know of any youtube video or sample to share with me so that it is more clear to me what to do.

Thanks.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Certainly. Here is one on showing or hiding panels using rules. Show and hide controls using rules in Nintex Forms for SharePoint - YouTube

You can also go to the advanced settings of a control and create a condition expression for the Enabled or Visible property.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have created a content type and added the fields that approver has to fill in. In my workflow I have added Assign to-do Task and I set content type to the new content type I have created. When I click on the WOrkflow Task I do see the content type I have created, but when I edit the item it goes back to my original list that submitter has filled in, I wish it woud go to edit mode of the content type and I could update the fields I added to the content type. Any suggestions?

I do know how to show/hide a control in Nintex Form and that is not my question. I am not very familiar with the sharepoint and maybe that's why I am struggeling, any suggestions or any video to share with me.

Regards

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

In following your explanation, I read that

• You have a custom list with a custom content type for users to fill ("I have created a content type and added the fields that approver has to fill in")
  • You created a second content type for the task and added Assign to-do task to this content type ("added Assign to-do Task and I set content type to the new content type I have created")
  • When user clicks on workflow task, you see the content type (Which one? is this the list item, is this a form for the the task separate from the item. This is not clear.)

If you want to go the the edit form of any list from a task, simply put the URL of the item's editform.aspx?ID={itemproperty:ID} to get there. Put this built string in the Task and the notification email.

Sorry for my confusion in your situation.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

here is the senario:

the principal of school submits a form, so the new item will be created in the list.

the superintendent has to access that form and add more information to the form, I would like add the URL of the item into the email, how do get the itemproperty:ID to assign in the email

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

In the email body of the Send Notification action, insert references to Common properties of the current item to build the URL. The Item URL should be sufficient, but if you need to direct them to the edit form you will have to build the string using {Common:WebURL}/Lists/{Common:ListName}/editform.aspx?ID={ItemPropertiesID}

View solution in original post