cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Easy Workflow - Setting a field value from an existing field for multiple items

Jump to solution

I need to set a text value based on another field for approximately 2000 documents in a library which all have folders on folders on folders.

I don't know what is better - make a Site Workflow to update multiple items? Make a Library Workflow and try to trigger it on a schedule? Unfortunately I can't use quick edit to copy paste because of all the folders.

Basically, I need to take ColumnA -> txtColumnA for all 2000 documents. This SHOULD be easy, but I'm stuck! Any help would be appreciated.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Easy Workflow - Setting a field value from an existing field for multiple items

Jump to solution

Hey Mike!

I'd go with a site workflow, that queries all items from your library (which will include all files in all folders) iterate them by ID and update the item with your column information.

13-01-_2020_08-05-39.png

Best regards

Enrico

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Easy Workflow - Setting a field value from an existing field for multiple items

Jump to solution

Thank you, Enrico!

Looks to be a good solution. I haven't been able to get it to work right, but I'll keep at it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

you might have issues because of the number of items you have.  you could

• have a list with the old value in one column and the new value in another column
  • have a site workflow that gets all old values into a collection
  • for each
    • look up new value
    • utilise update multiple items action
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Yes! I had to winnow out the workflow variables - trick was two different collection types. Thank you!