cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Attempting to hide 'Add New Item' in List View Control

Jump to solution

I've added a list view control (for the first time!) to side of my form. I'm showing all values of the list view. However, I just want it to be informational. It's not a big issue, but I would like to hide the 'Add new item' link--especially when in new or edit mode of the actual form in which this list view appears. I was able to <F12> it in IE11 to determine its class, td.ms-addnew. In F12 mode I was able to add display: none and successfully hid it. But, I attempted to apply this to the CSS Class field in the list view control settings panel with no luck.

CSSIssueforListViewControl.png

I've used:

.td.ms-addnew {

display: none !important;  

}

With no luck. As a noob to the CSS class field, I'm not sure I am using the correct format. Any suggestions?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Re: Attempting to hide 'Add New Item' in List View Control

Jump to solution

Hi Drew,

remove the dot (period) before the td.  td is a node name not a class name.

td.ms-addnew

{

display:none;

}

cheers,

Vadim

DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I pasted above in exactly as you typed. 'Add new item' still appeared as in my initial screen capture after I confirmed a successful publication of the revision (I viewed it both in IE11 and Chrome). I talked it over with a team lead who, having never worked in Nintex forms, suggested perhaps that the CSS class field in the control settings panel isn't exactly meant to achieve what I am attempting. ??

0 Kudos
DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

FYI, I also attempted visibility: hidden; in the same format. This also did not work.

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Drew,

that's really odd.  I don't know why it wouldn't work.  Hopefully one of the other community members can shed some light on this.

I've attached my example form.  You'll need to configure the ListView control to point to a valid list.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I'll continue to investigate. If nothing, else thank for your initial response and quick follow-up. I am fairly new to this community but find it vital and responsive thanks to people like you!

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I also added the CSS

td.ms-addnew

{

display:none;

}

To the form settings, custom CSS section and the "Add New" link was removed from the form's list view control.

Are you adding the CSS to the Form Settings?

0 Kudos
DrewA
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, just to be sure I'm doing it right, confirm that this is the correct field to be entering this per my screen capture (also, fyi, I am version 2.3.4.0 if that means anything):

ConfirmCSSClassField.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
itrippedover
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Drew,

You need to open the form settings dialog and enter it into the Custom CSS options there

FormSettings.PNG

CustomCSS.PNG

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes, Suzanne shows exactly how Vadim and I applied the css.

If this works for you, then I suggest to mark Vadim's answer as correct and Suzanne's as helpful. Let us know the outcome.

0 Kudos