cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After the version upgrade to Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.9.0.0) Nintex Workflow Scheduler got removed

Hello Team,

I have a question related to Nintex Version Upgrade and what is deprecated from the older version.

Newer Version:

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.7.10) - English 

Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.9.0.0 )

Old Installed version : 

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.1.0) - English

Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.5.0.0 )

Issue:

Nintex Workflow Scheduler is missing from the newer version.

Analysis:

When I installed Nintex with the older version, I can see Nintex Workflow Scheduler in the Timer Job Definitions Page.  I checked in Central Administration > Monitoring > Timer Jobs > Review job definitions  and scrolled through until Nintex Workflow Scheduler is located.

With Newer Version, I am not able to find Nintex Workflow Scheduler.

Questions:

1. Is this deprecated?

2. What is the alternative?

3. Is there a Powershell command that we can use to installed it?

4. Is the below command the one that I need to install to get Nintex WorkFlow Scheduler in Timer Job Definition Page?

NWAdmin.exe -o InstallTimerJob -job ScheduledWorkflows -url http://yourwebappurl/

Hope to get your response soon !

3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: After the version upgrade to Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.9.0.0) Nintex Workflow Scheduler got removed

Binayak,

The "Nintex Workflow Scheduler" timer job is installed during the activation of the "NintexWorkflowAdmin" feature. This feature is automatically enabled during the install of Nintex Workflow.

Can you confirm this feature has been activated? Also, if the feature is activated, try deactivating and reactivating this feature and then check to see if the timer job exists.

In regards to the following:

4. Is the below command the one that I need to install to get Nintex WorkFlow Scheduler in Timer Job Definition Page?

NWAdmin.exe -o InstallTimerJob -job ScheduledWorkflows -url http://yourwebappurl/

This will NWadmin.exe operation will install the timer job as well. Both operations execute the same code to create this timer job in your farm.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Andrew Beals

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: After the version upgrade to Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.9.0.0) Nintex Workflow Scheduler got removed

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. You are correct in stating that  "Nintex Workflow Scheduler" timer job is installed during the activation of the "NintexworkflowAdmin" feature. You are also correct when you said this feature is automatically enabled during the install of Nintex Workflow. The issue here is-  in the older nintex version i.e. Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.1.0) I can see this feature is automatically enabled  and is there in "job definition" Under CA >Monitoring>Timer Jobs,  but when we upgraded from the older version (3.1.1.0) to the newer one i.e. Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.1.7.10), I don't see "Nintex Workflow Scheduler" in the job definition.

I don't see "NintexworkflowAdmin" feature n CA web application. Even in older version this feature is not there in CA web application, but I can see Nintex Workflow Scheduler in older version. Do I need to retract and redeploy the NintexWF2013?

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Binayak,

The NintexWorkflowAdmin feature is a hidden feature that can only be enabled/disabled via powershell. I can guarantee you this feature exists in both versions.

Try checking this feature using the SPfeature powershell commandlets. For reference these can be found here:

Get-SPFeature

Enable-SPFeature

Disable-SPFeature

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply