nj
Nintex Newbie

Workflow not showing in Workflow Inventory

Jump to solution

I imported a workflow and published it to a new list. Creating an item causes the workflow to start automatically, as it should. When selecting Workflow Settings from the ribbon, and then Manage Workflows with Nintex Workflow I have no workflows listed.

If I try to import and save the workflow to a new one, it tells me that workflow already exists. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nj
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow not showing in Workflow Inventory

Jump to solution

If I go to the built-in Workflow Settings page I can see the different versions:

image.png

If I go to the "Remove" link at the bottom, I can remove all the workflows. Then if I create one in Nintex, and import the same workflow, it tells me it already is in use on this list.

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I deleted the list entirely, then imported the workflow again and it's already in use. 

I tried accessing the Worklow Inventory from the Site Settings page and it's empty as well.

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

OK, this is ridiculous. I've deleted the entire site collection and started fresh and it's still happening. Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Some additional information: I deleted the site collection and created the list from a template and the issue still happened. I created a new list, and created a NEW workflow with only a notification action and it still happened.
In order to make sure this problem isn't global I created a new workflow in a separate site collection and that one works fine.

0 Kudos
chanteldup
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

When you created the Template I'm guessing the Workflow was attached to the list from which you created the template, so when you create the new list from template the Workflow is still attached to it but not visible under "Manage Workflow with Nintex". 

You have 2 Options:
1. Before you create your List template, remove the Workflow from the list

2. Go to the hidden Workflow Library and Delete the Workflow from there, it will be a folder containing 2-3 files, delete the whole folder, then import and attach your workflow the normal way.
http://sitecollection/site/NintexWorkflows/Forms/AllItems.aspx 

If using option 2 make sure you are not deleting the Wrong Workflow, are your lists in the same Site?

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The only reason I'm thinking this is not the case is that the first time I import the workflow, it lets me do it. It lets me save it without issue. The problem is when I try to go back and edit the workflow, it's gone. 

I'll give this a try though. 

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It turns out disabling all of the Nintex features for the site / site collection and then enabling them got the missing workflows to show back up. I don't know why that is, or what causes it but it's working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
maherfed
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Hi there NJ, I seem to be having the same issue on my side. I am only new to Nintex and its features. Do you have a quick guide on "disabling all of the Nintex Features for the site / site collection?"
I'm using SharePoint 2013.
Do you mean Site Settings - Manage Site Features - Scroll to Nintex Workflow 2013:
Click "Deactivate", then "Activate"?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos