cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Why is my Multi Line Textbox changing size on my form?

When formatting my form in Nintex O365, I have my boxes aligned perfectly. However, when I go to fill out the form to create a new item, the Multi Line Textbox changes sizes and no longer is aligned with other boxes.

When I change the settings to prevent it from re-sizing at run time, the box then doesn't look the way I want it to. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solution. I've been using Nintex for O365 for about three months now and have only had this issue as of late.

I've attached screenshots.

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Why is my Multi Line Textbox changing size on my form?

This may not be the answer you want, but I had this issue and simply shrunk the multi line box by a grid value and it appeared to fit on the live form. Could this work for you?

Not applicable

My perfectionist self says this doesn't work because it leaves an unwanted gap and isn't perfectly lined up (ugh), but for now this solution will have to do. I'm going to keep experimenting and leave this unanswered to see if anyone else has figured out a solution. Thank you for responding!

Automation Master
Automation Master

No, problem, it was an interesting solution when I found it to work. I'm sure there could be alternatives.

eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Stephanie,

I understand the frustration.  One thing to note in addition to Andrews response is the fact that each control does indeed render slightly different, depending on the control.  This is by design to allow the control to do what it should.  While Nintex could go through great lengths to format each one to behave similarly, you may loose some functionality such as with the multi-line box being able to render the rich text editor which has to be accounted for unlike in other controls.  Also if you notice the date/time control has similar resizing issues as well because it must account for the date picker. 

Just something to consider when using controls...  Not a solution but just some perspective on why you are seeing what you see.