Skip to main content

Hi,

We recently installed skuid into a new dev org on our environment hub to version 11.2.24, and installed our salesforce managed package which has pages packaged into a module as well as other pages in a page pack without a module.

When we attempted to unpackage the module or the page pack, the message “Refreshing pages in selected static resources” appears, but then nothing continues past that and no pages are unpacked, no matter how long we wait.

Any ideas what could be wrong? We’ve had this issue in the past with an earlier version and only a skuid update fixed this, but not sure if it is the same problem or not.

Thank you

Hi Emma, did you already check the browser console while trying to unpack, is there any error message?

Hi Luzie,

I have had to install our salesforce package again into a new org and unpack the pages and hit this problem again.

I checked the browser console and the only error I can see is the following:

“Visualforce Remoting Exception: Apex heap size too large: 6242140”

The page pack I was trying to unpack was 3,215.7 KB in size and the module we attempted to unpack was 4,449.9 KB in size.

I am aware the module is quite large in size as the limit is 5 KB, however it has been around this size for a while and it has worked fine for a while.

Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Thank you,

Emma

Thanks Emma, a Salesforce Apex heap size error can usually be fixed by reducing the overall amount of data that’s being processed by Salesforce. As far as I know, there is more to this process than only the actual file size, so it’s possible to hit the limit with a file where its size is still below the limit. If the file used to work but was so close to the limit already, I’m afraid that any minimal changes (in Skuid or Salesforce) might result in hitting the limit. Please reduce the size and try again.

We actually have been in the process of stripping out pages and reducing the file size so it is smaller than it used to be when it did work.

We will attempt to strip out what else we can from the package though, even in salesforce with static resources and things and see if this fixes it. Thank you