Skip to main content

As per subject. See sample page.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" showheader="true"> <models> <model id="Contact" limit="1" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Contact"> <fields> <field id="RecordTypeId"/> <field id="FirstName"/> </fields> <conditions/> <actions/> </model> </models> <components> <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" model="Contact" uniqueid="sk-3XTE-754" mode="edit"> <columns> <column width="100%" uniqueid="sk-3XTE-750"> <sections> <section title="Section A" uniqueid="sk-3XTE-751" collapsible="no"> <fields> <field uniqueid="sk-3XTH-789" type="COMBO" editmodebehavior="autopopup"> <label>First Name 3 sets of {}</label> <template>{{{FirstName}}}</template> </field> <field uniqueid="sk-3XTH-794" type="COMBO" editmodebehavior="autopopup"> <label>First Name 2 sets of {}</label> <template>{{FirstName}}</template> </field> </fields> </section> </sections> </column> </columns> </basicfieldeditor> </components> <resources> <labels/> <javascript/> <css/> <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-3XQa-316"/> </resources> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/> </styles> </skuidpage> 

Yeah, that is working as designed. Why do you want to show the first name using 3 brackets in this scenario? Are you just trying to remove the “Name Field” behavior where there is a link that shows up?

Zach probably has a better solution but if there’s multiple things in the Template and at least 1 is double bracketed, then you can use the Show custom pop-up to make things editable. I usually just put a span with display none and the double bracketed field in the Template, so Skuid can read the metadata from there.  
https://community.skuid.com/t/how-can-i-made-a-template-in-a-table-editable-when-the-fields-are-triple-bracketed

I don’t have a specific for using 3 brackets. I’m not sure where it would in handy, but can’t assume no one would find a use for the raw version of the data I suppose.

Basically, the client and I are fairly certain this is used to work prior to Spark. 😕

Neat work around Matt.

I don’t think so, pretty sure that 3 brackets has never allowed editing of those fields in a popup, not in V1 or V2.

I don’t think it has either - I’ve run into this on Millauu for as long as I can remember.

No worries. It’s a gotcha thing that doesn’t have any help on screen for the page builder.