Skip to main content

Hello, I wanted to use Social Profile links for FB,Twitter etc. as it comes in Standard sales force page in Skuid Page. Can i get the same in skuid? Attached is an image to Show some functionality which i want to have in my skuid Page if Possible or with Some Work arround. Please tell me out of these what i can use in Skuid. Thanks. Arpit

Hi Arpit, we don’t have an elegant way to do this right now but what you can do is use the Page Include component to include a Visualforce page with the Social Profile. Here’s how:

1. Create a Visualforce page like this: “SocialProfileViewer” <apex:page showHeader=“false” sidebar=“false” standardStylesheets=“false” showChat=“false” doctype=“xhtml-1.1-basic”> <social:profileViewer entityId=“{!$CurrentPage.parameters.id}” /> </apex:page>

2. What it looks like in the Page builder.

3. Page in production

The Chatter for an individual you can include with the Chatter component. And then of course you can always include related lists in your Skuid page. What else were you wondering about?

Hello Anna, Can i use this with the Custom fields?Means get this functionality with the Custom object.As i am getting some error while using this with Custom Object.Below is the error i got : 1. An error occurred while trying to load the Visualforce Page at URL “/apex/c__SocialProfileViewer”: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Please help me with this!! Thanks. Arpit

Some thoughts:

• Double check that the name of your Visualforce Page is indeed SocialProfileViewer.

• The c__ is the namespace for that page. It may be different in your org.

In short, just make sure that in your page include component that type=Visualforce Page and that the page name is written in as namespace__PageName. Then also make sure that your Query String is passing the correct id to the VF page - use ?id={{$Param.id}} to get the custom record id from the main page’s url and use it for the social profile infos. Let me know if any of this helps resolve your problem.

Hello Anna, Thanks for all your Reply but still i am getting following errorr : An error occurred while trying to load the Visualforce Page at URL “/apex/c__SocialProfileViewer?id=a1470000002ooKTAAY”: The social:profileViewer/ component is not supported for entity with ID = a1470000002ooKT. Can you please help me with this? Thanks.

Hi Arpit, you cannot use the social:profileViewer component with Custom Objects — salesforce only integrates Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Klout information with the Account and Contact objects. Custom Objects are not supported yet, and this is why you are getting the error.

Hi Zach, Thanks for your Reply.So if i have one lookup field to Contact on Custom Object then can i use Social Profile Viewer in Custom Object using that field? Or is there any other workaround in Skuid to achieve something like Social Profile Viewer i.e. Use Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Klout information with the Custom Object? Thanks. Arpit

Hi Arpit, if you have a lookup field that points to a Contact record on your Custom Object, then yes, you should be able to use Social Profile Viewer. Following Anna’s advice, you can use the Skuid Page Include component as above, with type “Visualforce”, but then you just need to make sure that the “Query String” property of the Page Include component will be given the Id of the Contact record. Say that your Model for your Custom Object is called “TestModel”, and your Contact lookup field is called “Contact__c”. Then you should put this into the “Query String” of your Page Include component: ?id={{$Model.TestModel.data.Contact__c}}

Hello Zach, I am getting the following error when try to use lookup field as mention 1. A PageInclude component of type ‘visualforce’ attempted to load a page with fully-qualified name ‘c__SocialProfileViewer’. However, the Query String for this request contained an invalid Mustache merge: ‘{{$Model.EliteAgentData.data.AJE_Broker__c}}’. Please check that you have the correct Model Id and correct Field Id. 2. An error occurred while trying to load the Visualforce Page at URL “/apex/c__SocialProfileViewer?id=”: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException So can you please help me with this so that i can use this? Thanks Arpit

Hello, Can any one Please help me in how to use lookup field that point to Contact Record in the Social Profile Viewer Page. As i am getting the following Error while i am trying this : 1. A PageInclude component of type ‘visualforce’ attempted to load a page with fully-qualified name ‘c__SocialProfileViewer’. However, the Query String for this request contained an invalid Mustache merge: ‘{{$Model.EliteAgentData.data.AJE_Broker__c}}’. Please check that you have the correct Model Id and correct Field Id. 2. An error occurred while trying to load the Visualforce Page at URL “/apex/c__SocialProfileViewer?id=”: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException So can someone help me in how to solve this? Thanks. Arpit

Hi Arpit, I’m not exactly sure what is going on, but it might be worth changing your merge to this… {{$Model.EliteAgentData.data.0.AJE_Broker__c}}

Actually, now that I think about that, I don’t think my latest post will work. You could try using a template component that has an iframe in it.

Hello Ben, Using an template component that has an iframe in it,Can you please explain a little more that how do i use this to show up Social Profile Link.It will be great if you can please explain this furthermore in detail. Thanks. Arpit

Hi Arpit, here’s a few more details about how this would work to get you started.

1. Drag and drop the template component into your Skuid page.

2. Click the checkbox to allow HTML in the template.

3. Enter the following in the template area, where PageURL is the URL for your Visualforce page.

From there you can adjust the height and the URL (adding parameters where necessary to pull in the correct Id field).