Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

these are several scenarios that I’ve tried and all hit a dead end.

Having a problem with the Submit for approval in the service console.

1) I was able to use this idea
https://community.skuid.com/t/how-do-i-expose-a-submit-for-approval-button-within-skuid

unfortunately this doesn’t work for Service Console and giving me a “openPrimaryTab: name.cs14.visual.force.com is an unauthorized domain.  Contact your administrator to authorize it”

===================================================================
2) then i saw this post:
https://community.skuid.com/t/adding-on-click-javascript-button-to-skuid-for-smsmagic

so i decided to use skuid button instead that call a JS, the problem is the _CONFIRMATIONTOKEN that’s getting generated. Using !URLFOR() in salesforce is the way to generate this, does skuid have a counterpart for it? or a way to generate the confirmation token? or is there a library i can load as external to be able to use !URLFOR() in skuid?

===================================================================
3) Tried creating button that calls a visual force page that redirects to the ‘p/process/Submit?’ for the approval process but gave the same thing as the 1st one, “openPrimaryTab: name.cs14.visual.force.com is an unauthorized domain.  Contact your administrator to authorize it”.

do you guys know any workaround???

Lorenz,

What version of Skuid are you using?  If you are on 10.0.X, then you should take advantage of a Data Source Action for Salesforce to ‘call’ an Approval process in Salesforce.  You can do this as a model action or add a Skuid button to start the approval process directly.

If you are on an earlier version, then add a checkbox field to your Case.  Add a skuid button to set this field to ‘true’.  Then add a Process Builder which looks for a Case where the checkbox is ‘true’.  You should be able to start the approval process from Process Builder and then change the checkbox back to ‘false’.  (Hat tip to Rob Hatch for this workaround).

Thanks,

Bill

Sweet, this is a nice a workaround. Thank you very much!

- Lorenz