Skip to main content

We are running into an issue with our redirect logic.

Basically, for the Account object, we have multiple record types.  We are trying to create logic where if the user is a Skuid user we bypass the selection of record type when creating a new record (that logic is built into the Wizard itself).

If the user is a non-Skuid user, they are forced to first select a Account record type then click next to get to the appropriate Salesforce standard account page layout.

I don’t believe you will be able to create a record with NO record type.  Salesforce is always going to try to assign a record type. 
Salesforce will assign the default record type if none is selected.  You can build a skuid page that way. 

Let me know if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do here. 

Rob, thanks for the quick response.

We have built a New Account Wizard where on the first page of the Wizard, the user selects the record type. When clicking the ‘Next’ button to get to Page 2, the record gets saved, establishing the record type and then conditionally rendering the next fields based on record type. This is all working fine.

The issue we are having is that we have created a redirect page for the ‘New’ event that takes the user to the Standard record type selection page. The code is below.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{!redirect}&amp;objectType=Account&amp;actionType=New">
</apex:page>

We have created the Page Assignment rules and updated the ‘New’ event to bypass the standard page and use our Skuid Wizard page. The issue is that when clicking ‘New’ to create a new account, it first takes the user to the Standard record type selection page, and then once the record type selection is made, it redirects to the Wizard.

Hmm, this works fine in our orgs… A few things come to mind.

1. Do you have the configuration of the “new action” in buttons and links set to override to the VF page you copied above?

2. Double check your page assignment record.

3. Below is the code we use for our override. It uses our alternative override mechanism (the visualforce skuid:page component). And has some additional parameters. Try it and see if the issues are corrected.

<apex:page standardController="Account" title="New {!$ObjectType.Account.label}" tabStyle="Account"

extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{!IF(canUseSkuid,'',redirect)}" readonly="true" sidebar="false" showHeader="true" docType="html-5.0"> <skuid:page objectType="Account" actionType="New"/> </apex:page>

Thanks…I think we got it working.  A combination of your provided code, plus a change to the Wizard itself did the trick.  As always, thanks for the quick responses!

Glad you got it working!