Skip to main content

I would like to show record type descriptions when users are changing record type when creating new records or changing record types in existing records.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Skuid? Thanks

Create a new page using the XML below. Take a look at the RecordType model. Hope this helps to get you started.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" tabtooverride="RecordType">   <models>
<model id="RecordType" limit="100" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" sobject="RecordType">
<fields>
<field id="Name"/>
<field id="CreatedDate"/>
<field id="IsActive"/>
<field id="Description"/>
<field id="NamespacePrefix"/>
<field id="Id"/>
<field id="DeveloperName"/>
<field id="SobjectType"/>
</fields>
<conditions/>
<actions/>
</model>
</models>
<components>
<pagetitle model="RecordType">
<maintitle>
<template>{{Model.labelPlural}}</template>
</maintitle>
<subtitle>
<template>Home</template>
</subtitle>
<actions>
<action type="savecancel"/>
</actions>
</pagetitle>
<skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" createrecords="true" model="RecordType" mode="read">
<fields>
<field id="Name" allowordering="true"/>
<field id="Description" valuehalign="" type=""/>
<field id="DeveloperName" valuehalign="" type=""/>
<field id="SobjectType" valuehalign="" type=""/>
<field id="Id" valuehalign="" type=""/>
</fields>
<rowactions>
<action type="edit"/>
<action type="delete"/>
</rowactions>
<massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
<action type="massupdate"/>
<action type="massdelete"/>
</massactions>
<views>
<view type="standard"/>
</views>
</skootable>
</components>
<resources>
<labels/>
<css/>
<javascript/>
</resources>
</skuidpage>

Thanks for jumping on these questions this morning Irvin… 

Thank you Irvin, I only want to be able to display description when users are changing record types in records the same way it is displayed with Salesforce standard pages. Please see my two attached images.

They will not be making any changes to record types.

I am not sure if I will need to create the page you mentioned above. 6fbef50d85c4da4fe520e05ccbe99c37c27429a0.jpg

Are you wanting to show the table “Available Opportunity Record Types”  or do you want to show which record type has been selected for a particular record? 

Hi, My apologies if my reply was confusing.  The idea behind the page is to show you the sObject that holds record types and the available fields e.g. Description.  Go ahead and create a new page for development purposes only and seed it with my XML.  This should answer your question.

Thank you both. Rob, Once they have selected a record type, I am able to show description. I would like to show description before they select record type on my second screen shot so they know which record type to select.

Is this a screenshot of a reference (lookup) dialog?

Yes, for Record Types in the Opportunity object. Please let me know if this make sense.

OK. Take a look at the screenshot below. For the Ship To field, I have configured additional fields on the lookup object to search on. These additional fields will be displayed in the dialog along with the name. In your example, you will select the Description field.

Thank you so much. It works!

Glad I could help.