Skip to main content

We are switching to Lightning and there are several areas in Lightning that offer the user to create a new record (from a related list, or another new record page, etc) that opens a pop-up that they can then fill in the fields required to create a new record without being redirected to a different page.

I know we can do a visualforce override, but that redirects them to a new page. Is there a way to override the Lightning Pop-up page with a Skuid page?

I tried creating a Lightning Page, but I can’t assign the Lightning Page to the New Action on the object. 

Is this possible? and if so, what’s the best way to go about doing this.

Thank you,

Sam

Hello Sam,

It is possible to use a Skuid page to override the lightning actions by including a Skuid Page in a (simple) custom lightning component.

Steps to override:

1. Create Skuid page you wish to use in the override.

2. Create a new Lightning Component with the following code (insert your page name)

<aura:component implements=“lightning:actionOverride” >

<skuid:page page=“PAGENAME”/>

</aura:component>

1. In Salesforce setup, navigate to the object manager view of the object you are overriding the button for.

2. Under buttons, Links and Actions select the dropdown next to the button you wish to override.

3. Select Lightning Component as the override and the lightning component you created (because we included the "implements=“lightning:actionOverride” in the component, its available in this list).

This should do the trick. But, here are some SFDC docs regarding this as well:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_using_lex_s1_action_overrides.htm

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Clark