Skip to main content

I’ve seen lots of reverse questions but I need to see how to make a child page a “regular” page. No not hide the header, but completely remove the dependency and any reference to the Master.

For, at least our, Lightning managed package, pages that have the custom header and footer (child) do not work correctly. Yes, we understand that the Lightning header cannot be removed but it isn’t explicitly said that this means you cannot use Master and Child pages. At least for us, that appears to be the case.

Only way I know of is to remove it’s lookup to the master and update the XML to standard format.

But how do you update xml to standard? I remember reading that can’t just copy xml from regular page to child because format is different, so isnt reverse also true? I haven’t started yet as assumed it was more involved than a blanket copy and paste.

There is a post on this somewhere that I can’t find right now, but you can create a new non-child page and leave it empty. You then go to the XML of your child page and copy everything between the models tags, the components tags, the CSS tags and the java tags and then paste it into the XML of your non child page. There may be an easier way shown in that other post, but I can’t find it.

Additionally, though I didn’t do it for this purpose, it would come in handy in this situation. Instead of true child pages, I create junction pages. 1) create a master page 2) build a regular page that has all the models and components you want 3) create a child page of that master that only has one component in the page region: a page include. The page include is to the page you built in step 2. (I call this the junction page) 4) you can pass URL parameters into the the junction page then pass those parameters from the junction page into the page include so you have seemeless page functionality. This allows you to have pages that you can use freely with or without master pages or with multiple master pages.

This was helpful thank you.

For anyone that comes behind me and needs to do this, you do have to not include the pageregion tags as well. They are after the Model but before the Components.

This is interesting and something will keep in mind. Unfortunately, for now, it looks like Master pages cannot be used in Lightning reliably so will have to stay with regular pages until that changes.

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Brooklyn 10.0.12 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.