Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to apply a Page Override in Lighting. I put together the aura mark up as shown below, saved it as a new Lightning Component. When I go into the Object Manager to change the setting for the “View” page, the options for “Lightning Component” override are NONE. I am thinking I am missing something totally obvious? Using the latest Skuid version 12.1.7, the Skuid Page is v1. Thanks in advance!

<aura:component implements=“force:hasRecordId,flexipage:availableForRecordHome” access=“global”>

<skuid:page page=“ProgramDetailsNew2019” id=“{!v.recordId}”/>

</aura:component>

Hi Ann,

I have a couple questions. First, I wanted to ask if you have set up a Lightning App Builder page? If not, I think that’s the next step. You can do that from the Salesforce Setup tab, making sure to set up a Record Detail page. If you do that, you should be able to choose which object this record page is for. Once you’re in the builder your Lightning Component should be one of the available components on the left side of the screen, and you should be able to drag it in. Save the page, and be sure to follow the necessary steps for ‘activation’ so that the right users will see it. Here’s our documentation for this topic:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/lightning/#salesforce-lightning

I also wanted to ask if you had tried using the “Skuid Page” Lightning component that comes with the Skuid package. I’m not sure of your use case, so you might need to create a custom Lightning component in this scenario. But if you don’t have a specific need, you might be able to save some time & effort just by using the built-in Skuid component. Here’s our documentation about that in case you haven’t seen it:
https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/skuid/deploy/salesforce/lightning/#the-skuid-page-lightning-component

Let me know if you’re still stuck after trying this!

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for the information, I read through so many posts/documentation that I was unclear on the best route to go.   I was able to accomplish this using the “Skuid Page” lighting option as you suggested!   So far no issues

Thank you!

Ann