Skip to main content

We are in lightning, and are noticing a situation with the Skuid pages.  We have created custom tabs, pulling in the Skuid pages.  But when we go to these tabs, we are only getting the same Skuid page for each tab -instead of getting the different pages we have setup for each tab.  We believe the issue is within your lightning component -perhaps there’s a caching operation involved.  

Attaching an image of the errors we are seeing in Chrome:

Ron,
Just to make sure I understand, are you using the Lightning Tabs component?
What version of Skuid are you on?
What OS and browser are you using?
Have you generated support files for all of the Skuid pages you’re including?
Do all of your models across all your Skuid pages have unique names? For example, don’t have a model named Opp on two of the Skuid pages that you’re going to include in one Lightning page. 

Hi Amy,

We are not using Lightning tabs components.   It’s a lightning component overriding the standard tab. The Skuid version is: 10.0.5.
We have a variety of people experiencing the issue, so OS version and browser versions all vary; however, my OS version is Sierra (10.12.6) and I’m using Chrome (Version 60.0.3112.113).  We are using unique names across all the Skuid pages and we did generate the support files for the pages. 

One thing about the support files that your documentation doesn’t clearly explain. They don’t address whether we have top generate these in the installed org again, or whether they are supposed to be packaged and NOT regenerated again?  Basically, there’s no real guidance on how to setup this up for managed packages (like ours, which essentially is an extension package to the Skuid package). 

We’ve included them without our managed package - is that incorrect?

It looks like you guys released a new version yesterday to address some bugs (0.6)…with us still being on (0.5) should we look into the upgrade too?

Ron,
Can you give more details around the tabs, such as if they’re tabs for standard objects or custom objects? 
Do you mind posting the code for one of your Lightning component bundles that does the override?
Is your app that includes these tabs a Lightning app or a Classic app?
I don’t know the answer to your question about the page support files, but I’ll find out and let you know.

Thanks!

If you want to go ahead and upgrade it certainly shouldn’t hurt. I don’t know that it will change your situation, though, as there are no fixes related to Lightning in that release. I will say that I haven’t seen your issue on 10.0.6, though. I have a Classic and Lightning app, both which contain a few standard object tabs that I’ve overridden with Lightning component bundles to show Skuid, and they work fine (I’m on Mac and Chrome). I’m continuing to investigate to see if I can reproduce your problem, though.

Amy,

These are both. Here’s a quick video of the experience: http://recordit.co/MiyJKN0QKb

Here’s the code we are using:

<aura:component implements=“lightning:actionOverride,force:appHostable,force:hasSobjectName” access=“global”>

<skuid:page page=“ContactTab”/>

</aura:component>

Alright, I’ve got an answer for you (and I’ve asked our docs team to add this to our documentation about page support files). You do have to generate the page support files in the installed org, because the page ids will be different. That being said, if you are unpacking a page pack, the page support files will be generated automatically. The only time you’d have issues is if you were copying data directly from the skuid__Page__c object and uploading it using a third-party tool or if you are using Skuid’s grunt CLI to deploy pages from a VCS (like git). In that case, you’d need to either re-generate all page support files for your org from the settings page, or you could use the Page List to find recently updated pages then use the mass action.

Let me know if double-checking this still doesn’t fix your issue.

Thanks!

Ron,

I think I might have found the problem thanks to ddeveaux. Are the Skuid pages that you’re setting as the override children pages?

Hi Amy,

The answer to your question is no.  Should they be?
They are using lighting components override for view pages. 

Ron,

So the pages weren’t created based off a master page? If not, my apologies for jumping the gun. I thought that might be your issue since, if I have overrides look to Skuid pages that are children pages, I see the exact problem you describe (same Skuid page across multiple tabs). Well, I’ll keep investigating.

To answer your question, no, they probably shouldn’t be. Theoretically it should be fine to include child pages in Lightning, but often child pages are used to share navigation across multiple pages. I don’t think it would be good to include a navigation in Skuid when you’ve got the Lightning navigation header, so that’s why I don’t really recommend using children pages. 

Hi Amy, 

I think Darrell has figured the issue out.  The issue appears to be that the Skuid feature for the Master pages does not work reliably with Lightning. So we’re having to redo our pages.  But we appear to have found a solid work-around. 

Ron,

I’m glad to hear you guys have a solid workaround, though I’m sorry you have to redo your pages. I’ll continue investigating on our end to find out if we’re going to support master / child pages in Lightning, and let you know what I find out.

Thanks!

Ron,

I’ve talked with my team and found that Master - Child pages should work in Lightning. Right now there’s an issue with them (if you include multiple tabs in a Lightning app that include Skuid child pages that share the same master), but we’ll let you know when this issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Thank you Amy!  

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Brooklyn 10.0.12 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.