Skip to main content

Is it possible to utilize Javascript (or some other method) to update the context conditions for an element within a deck?

Hi Mark, can you described desired use case more fully? How do you envision this working?

• What version of Skuid are you using?

• Are you building in API v1 or v2? 

• Am I correct in thinking you want to change the context for one component in a card (e.g. field editor) but not the others?  Or do you want to update the context for all / some of the cards?

SKUID 12.1.7, API v1

I was wondering if it was possible to update the context conditions for components within decks; let’s say a template field for example. This would be for all cards, as if I changed the context condition on that particular template field in the editor for the deck card, but doing it more dynamically via Javascript as the end user is interacting with the page.

Currently the only way I can think of doing this is via a custom component and re-rendering the deck / deck cards by re-constructing the custom component based on logic that changes the conditions of the context in the XML string. I was wondering if there might be a more direct way where custom components / digging into the XML wasn’t needed.

Thanks for the details, Mark… yeah there’s not a documented API for this currently. Have you done much with argumentse0]? (This post might help a little with that).

Declaratively you could do some conditional rendering of the templates so certain ones respond to certain actions… what changes would the user make that would trigger the context change? For example, if they select a certain thing you could have it activate a ui-only field that’s a checkbox, and then show/hide card content based on that checkbox or trigger an action sequence to filter & requery certain models…

OOOH - or perhaps you could actually make the context condition for the template a ui-only field on the Deck model, and then you could populate that UI only field via actions or whatever…  It depends on what exactly you’re trying to do… I’m usually able to accomplish quite a lot with UI-only fields (especially ModelLookup formula fields, etc.)

Interesting suggestions, I’ll have to do some experimenting. Thanks!

Anytime! Let me know what you discover!