Skip to main content

Hi community, trying out the SKUID override of Salesforce detail page feature for the first time and not quite sure how to implement. I am getting stuck on understanding how you setup a page to be able to override a detail page. For example, do I setup it to where the model has a condition “id = (param)” and then I establish the “param” through the Visualforce override page? Thank you in advance for any guidance or help!

Hi Nicholas, you are correct about the use of the Model Condition on the “id” parameter being the way that your Skuid Model would receive the Id of the Salesforce record that you’re viewing.

This tutorial should help with implementing a record detail override:

https://docs.skuid.com/latest/en/tutorials/pages/detail-page.html#step-4-create-a-condition-so-that-…

Thank you Zach. I just read through the documentation, and also read through the VisualForce documentation that is referenced at the end of the article.

The only thing I am still unsure about is where you bring it together so that SKUID knows what record ID to assign to that param.

The documentation shows this code:

```

I am not seeing where I make the relationship that the skuid param ID should be the record ID from Salesforce.

Thanks

Figured it out, as long as I do the param as lowercase “id”, it does add that to the URL of the page.

Yep, the Skuid “Redirects” Apex class, which is used as the Apex Controller Extension in that example code from the docs, automatically takes the Record ID and sends it as the “id” parameter to the Skuid Page, which can then be used in Model Conditions.