Skip to main content

Hello!

When we use Google Maps as an external resource in a Skuid page used in a Lightning page (rather than Visualforce) we end up falling afoul of the various security measures Salesforce activated in the last release about linking to external javascript. Because the script is externally hosted by Google we can’t just save it in a static resource or in a page file.

I’m aware this is more of a Salesforce issue than a Skuid issue… But this community is wonderful, and I thought I’d check to see if anyone knew of a solution to this problem as it may be that we’re missing something.

Many Thanks!

Louis

Any takers? 😛

Louis,

I haven’t gotten Google Maps to work, but I have gotten Leaflet maps to work. I was able to add the Leaflet source as a static resource (fulfilling the Lightning requirements), pull leaflet.js and leaflet.css into my Skuid page, and then use Javascript to show the location of an account with a marker and popup that showed the address.

Amy, thank you so so much… This is amazing! My weekend will be all the more pleasurable for knowing that this is possible! I’ll give this a go next week and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again! 🙂

Have a lovely weekend!

Louis