Skip to main content

I want to be able to create a filter for a home page where the values of the filter are populated when the page loads. The values will be Product2 record Id’s (hopefully displayed as Product2 Names). The values will load based on Product2 records where the owner Id equals the logged in user.

So if I logged in as Glenn, and Glenn is the owner of Product 1, Product 2, Product 3. I’d expect a multi select filter to be populated with Product 1, Product2, Product 3. Logged in as Glenn I’d expect to be able to remove one or many of these options. With the goal being that four charts below the filter (all on seperate models) are updated and show data according to the filter.

I’m aware that a much simpler way of doing this would be just have an Owner Id filter, but the users wish for something different, and I wondered if anything similar had been done before?

Hi Glenn, we have a couple of questions:
1. What version of Skuid are you on?
2. What benefit are your users gaining from doing it the way you described instead of using the Owner Id filter? I’m asking because you are right, it would be much simpler to build and maintain.

Hi Luzie

1. We’re on version 12.02

2. Apparently there are other layers of ownership that aren’t represented in the CRM, and the user may just have an interest in another Product, so would like to add it to a simple filter. From a user perspective, I can see how this functionality would be useful, especially if they just wanted to compare Product records side by side. I can also see this functionality being used for other records, like comparing accounts side by side, so if you have any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated :) 

Hi Glenn, thanks for sharing the details. Did you try a filter where you set the “Pick Options and Condition(s)” to “Manually”? Then you can add options manually and select “Rows in a model”. You can select a different model and use its conditions.

Please see the screenshot below:

Is this helpful for you? If not, can you provide the XML of a simple repro page with standard objects and fields?

Are you working on a V1 or V2 page? Please note that the screenshot is a V1 page.