Skip to main content

Noticed some screen rendering issues in our sandbox environment (Production is fine) and on further research I noticed that one of the css files is not loading. The version we are running is 6.8.20. How do I resolve this issue. I confirmed the static resource still exists but it doesn’t want to load now.

I thought it might be the push to Banzai but the version number doesn’t reflect that.

Hi, John. I’m having trouble replicating that issue in one of our sandboxes, and I want to check to make sure I’m trying the same setup as you are. This is a Sandbox (so, Winter '16) with My Domain enabled, running Skuid 6.8.20 (the latest Superbank patch), correct? Do you have the “Serve Static Resources from the Visualforce Domain” critical update enabled? If so, maybe try disabling that update? If you would grant us login access, we’d be happy to have a closer look too.

That feature is not enabled in this environment. I am not so sure its a version issue. I am just wondering if something got corrupted. However, nothing shows that it has been updated or modified and this particular static resource is managed so we can’t make any changes to it. 

Working on enabling access for you in this environment so you can review.

Sweet. Thanks. 404 makes me think it’s something not being served up correctly within the context of the Skuid page (hence the critical update wild guess), but I can’t say for sure. That is the regular old Skuid PageList page in the screen shot, right? If you click on the link in the console there, the CSS file does display in browser?

Yup, I thought it was just something we did wrong with a page, but then I noticed any and all pages were not rendering correctly including the Skuid Page List View. If I click on the link it still get an error. I am dependent on the System Admin for providing access to that environment so waiting to hear back from him on that.

I was told you should have access to the Minecraft Sandbox. Let me know if you are able to login and if you are seeing the same issue we are.

It doesn’t look like we have access to that Sandbox yet, but I’ll keep checking periodically.

I think somehow that file got corrupted. I reference that same resource file in production and I am able to download it just fine and even extract the CSS from the zip. However, in the sandbox environment I get an error when attempting to unzip. I tried to see if there was any way to replace that file and it doesn’t appear to be possible unless as the vendor you have access to. 

I am starting to think an environment refresh might be what we need to do to resolve. Do you have any other thoughts on how to resolve?

We did see an issue not too long ago where the Skuid static resources on only the CS11 instance (that we know of, anyway) were suddenly unavailable. It turned out to be a Salesforce bug, and they patched it. It’s probably something else, but this did come to mind over the weekend. In that instance, we couldn’t even access the resources through Setup > Develop > Static Resources > any “skuid” namespace Resource] > View File. Just to confirm, are you seeing something like this?

I’d say that if you can refresh without it being super inconvenient, it may be worth a shot, but it seems like more of a Hail Mary to me.

I can see other resources in the skuid namespace. For instance, I can access the skuid__JQuery resource just fine in that environment. It seems to be just that single resource file.  Let me talk it over with the team and see if a refresh is something we can explore. We are due for a refresh soon I believe anyway. Otherwise, I will try to go through SF to see if they can somehow correct that access to that file.

I got to say, this is a really weird one! I thought about it some more, and if a refresh is an option, I think it’s better than a Hail Mary. It would rule out any configuration differences between production and the sandbox, and I’m sure some other things get re-sorted out under the hood as a part of that process.

I also forgot to mention last time that the specific behavior we were seeing was just a blank page when we would click on the “View File” link. If this is lining up with what you are seeing and you do end up going the Case route, let me know if you’d like our Case number to say, “Hey, maybe it’s related?” to Salesforce.

We thought we would try going ahead and moving that environment to Banzai but weren’t able to. This is the error that we get.  It’s looking more like a refresh is going to be necessary unless this is an unrelated error that can be resolved.

Skuid upgrade failed: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7122 (-690239083)

AceEditor: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7122 (-690239083)

Looks like there were more details and the resource we have been having issues is listed in the error list (#3).

1.  An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7122 (-690239083)

AceEditor: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7122 (-690239083)

2.  An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7123 (-690239083)

ImportWizard: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7123 (-690239083)

3.  An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7124 (-690239083)

JQueryUIStyle: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7124 (-690239083)

4.  An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7129 (-690239083)

SilkSprite: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7129 (-690239083)

5.  An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7130 (-690239083)

SkuidThemeMobileClassic: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1467408965-7130 (-690239083)

Organization: United Capital Financial Partners (00DR0000001yVug)

User: Shell Black (005500000017W57)

Package: Skuid (04tG0000000Tc69IAC)

Error Number: 1467408965-7163 (-1184110714)

We’ve been granted access to another Sandbox in that Org stack which is on CS2 as well, and this is really looking like something Salesforce will have to address. We aren’t able to view any JS or ZIP Static Resources from any Managed Package in that org. We’ve turned in a Case with Salesforce to get things going from our side, but we’d definitely recommend turning in a Case for yourselves as well. Granting them log in access beforehand also seems to speed things up, in our experience.

If you can hold off on that refresh until Salesforce has a chance to have a look at it, I’d bet they get it fixed. We’ll be monitoring our Case and will pass along any recommendations/questions we get.

We are going to go ahead and log a case.  Will let you know how what we hear back. Thanks.

John,

We’ve just received word from Salesforce support that this is indeed a Salesforce issue. Basically, CS2 can’t communicate with the server where these specific static resources are stored. It has been escalated internally there, and they are looking into it. Thanks for hanging tight, and we’ll let you know when we know more.

Thanks. That is good to know. Hopefully they will be resolving that soon. Appreciate it.

John,

We’ve received word from Salesforce that the issue on CS2 has been resolved. I logged into the sandbox just now and the buttons on the Page List appear correct again. I think we’re all set, but can you confirm? Thanks.

Thanks. I confirmed everything looks good. Thanks again for all your help on this and keeping us posted.

Sure thing! Thanks for hanging in there.