Skip to main content

We are getting blank screen when we go to visualforce tab for the first page load. We have visualforce page  ‘PracticeView’ that contains skuid page ‘PracticeView’ and corresponding visualforce tab ‘PractiFI’. Also, PractiFI is default landing tab/page for our app.  When we go to PractiFI tab, we get blank screen (most of the time) and we need to refresh the browser to get the contents. If we open the console (in chrome) we get errors.I have attached the error screen shot below. Any idea?

Ok, great! Please let me know if you’re still seeing this issue in an org with “Serve Static Resources from Visualforce Domain” turned off.

So I made sure that my TSO had the critical update disabled and created a new trial template. However, this new template has the loading issue, and does not give me an option to disable this update. In fact, it doesn’t even show up under critical updates. Any ideas on how to disable this in new trials? I would think that if my trial source org had it disabled, it would be disabled in new trials too.

Screen on the left is my TSO, screen on the right is a trial created from it. I deactivated both of those updates today, maybe the static resource one takes longer to register on SF’s back end?

Interesting, I would think that the status of critical updates would carry through to newly created trials. I have seen some brand new orgs that don’t have certain critical update options at all. I think Salesforce support might be able to deactivate those critical updates even if they don’t show up in the UI.

I created a case with Salesforce partner support about this and here was their response:

“Trialforce will not pick this up because it is a critical update and will eventually get turned on. I suggest you work with your technical evangelist, Tim, to fix this in your application”

Of course not at all helpful. I will reach out to the technical evangelist and see what they have to say, but I’m assuming there hasn’t been any solution from Salesforce yet.

Well that’s obnoxious, because that Critical Update has been delayed for 3+ releases because of bugs with it.

Right. Are we the only ones with this issue in Trialforce? Any other ISVs have this problem?

@Ben - this is marked solved but it looks like the Critical Update is going to be forced live in my production org in 31 days.  1/7/16.  What do we do at that point?

@John, I’ll reach out to my contact at Salesforce and see if they’re making any progress on this. FYI in my experience, those dates on critical updates are never right. It will get to “0 Days” and just stay there until the next Major Update. If anything happens, it will happen when you get Spring 16 installed on your SF instance, so you have quite a bit more time than 31 days.

Well haven’t heard back from Salesforce yet on this one, but I did just see that this Critical Update has been delayed until the Summer 16 release.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/200/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_spring16_release_notes.pd…

Check out Page 301

Not that I didn’t expect this or anything…

Thanks Ben. I find that, in new orgs, this update is activated automatically and it’s not available in the list of critical updates to then deactivate. Do you get the same?

Glenn, I feel like I’ve seen it both ways. But I think you’re right in most cases new orgs will have the Critical Updates turned on with no way to turn them off. I have access to a Spring 16 org right now. I’ll see if I can make this bug happen there when I get a chance.

I second what Glenn said. All of our new TrialForce customer orgs have this enabled by default and no way to turn it off, even though the TF Source org has it turned off. Salesforce essentially told me “too bad” when I logged a case about this. 

It’s particularly frustrating that new user’s first exposure to our app is a blank screen and we have to tell them “just refresh”. I wish Salesforce would provide assistance with it. 

Hey Everyone, another update on this. It looks like this is still not fixed in Spring 16. We decided to put some code into our Banzai Update 7 that will automatically refresh the page if the resources have not been loaded properly. Let us know if you still get this issue after installing Banzai Update 7.

Thanks for the update. It seems to be working much better so far.

I got notified by Salesforce that they fixed the underlying problem: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000001ACTAA2

I haven’t tested yet, although the Skuid solution of auto refresh has been working for us.