Skip to main content

I am pulling in the value from a long text area in Salesforce to a basic field editor component on my Skuid page.  The apostrophes are being shown as ' instead of an apostrophe.  I have seen a few threads in the community regarding a fix for custom field renderers but I am not using a custom field render er, I am just using the standard field editor component.  Please help!

I thought I might have a solution for you. But, the only way I have been able to replicate your “'” symptom is with a javascript snippet as a custom field renderer. Not writing a custom renderer, but calling a standard one in the snippet. And, that was going to be my suggestion.

So, my suggestions would be to change that “Field Renderer” value to Standard.

Or, display a Template in the field editor, using {{Comments__c}} in the Template.

I dont quite understand.  I am using the Standard setting.  Are you saying I need to change it to custom and then run a snippet?

In that case, try the Template field.

What I was saying is …

I tested a textarea field that contains a single quote. When I display the field in a field editor the same as you are doing, I see the quote, not the '. It is only when I run the value through a javascript snippet that I see ' instead of the quote. That makes for a confusing situation!

The Template field also has the Allow HTML option, which might also make a difference.

Here’s another thought: Are those Editorial Notes being entered on a skuid page - either the same page or another - or are the field values being captured from somewhere else? Are the Notes being created with copy-and-paste from another application (like Word)? Could the database actually be storing the encoded apostrophe? Maybe skuid rendering is not the problem!

They are coming from my Salesforce instance.

The question is, how do they get into the instance?

They are entered into a Long Text Area field in Salesforce.

How are they entered?

Are they keyed in on a skuid page?

Are they copied in from another document?

Are the records imported from another system?

The are keyed into Salesforce.  Skuid is connected to Salesforce.  The Field Editor is based on a model of the Case object in Salesforce.  Skuid pulls the appropriate record from Salesforce.

I tried the Template idea and it has the same behavior.  Apostrophe’s are displayed as &#39