Working with excel files

• 7 September 2020
  • 10 replies

There are 100 Excel files, you need to take data from each and enter it into one pivot table, files are added over time, how to do this so that information from new files is dynamically added to the pivot file, the problem arises when checking the number of files. How can you check the number of Excel files in a folder?

10 replies

Hi,

This is very easily done with the Get Files advanced command. This AC will return to you a list of files which you can then iterate over as required. See screenshots here 🙂

I hope this helps!

Darren

This variable is an array delimited by the ENTER key, you can use the Get Array Data AC to get the file count

Thank you, you helped a lot!, I am just learning, I will continue to study the advenced command, I did the same, but forgot to put an asterisk and therefore did not work, what materials for developers can still be viewed?, courses at kryon academy have already passed

If you're looking to get more familiar with the advanced commands we do have a reference guide available attached to this post. It's a long document, beware! 🙂

Thank you teacher, I'll be careful, I've already passed the first 100 pages

Great feedback, @darren Cheng​! Additionally, please note that if you are using Kryon RPA (and Kryon Console), you can use the "file" trigger type in the console to trigger a wizard, accordingly. This trigger will "fire" once - and only once! - for every new file that hits the target folder(s). This ensures that a wizard is called (only once) for each new file.

Thanks for the advice Theo)?