Question

Unsupport Commands at certain positions of a wizard

• 1 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Why are some commands not supported at certain positions within a wizard? Is there a set of guidelines that outline what commands can’t be used at which position and for what reason? Trying to build a wizard and inserted an Advance Command to check if an UI object exists but getting the message to say its not supported at that position.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@dorman Would you be able to provide more details, preferably with screenshots?  Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@dorman my impression is that there are certain commands that try to run on/against the target of the step. In steps that don’t have a target (such as wizard start/end or advanced command steps), the commands can’t run, because they don’t have the required information to know which window/application to target. 

Badge

Generally speaking, if you encounter certain ACs (Advanced Commands) that state that they aren’t available for particular wizard steps, then most likely you need a visual recording in order to use certain ACs (such as HTML ACs).

If you can provide more specific details, we would be happy to provide further answers. Thanks!

Badge +1

below is a screenshot of an advanced command I am trying to use along with the error message I am getting. It does not give any information about why this (or other commands) cannot be used at this stage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@dorman is the step (not the advanced command) your referencing in that screenshot target a browser window? I believe the Click on HTML object action is looking for the selected object within the targeted window of the step. So if the step isn’t targeting a browser’s window in the first place, it won’t work.

Badge +1

Thanks @bsikes - I have tried numerous difference command types in this step and none of them are being accepted, not just HTML. What do I need to do in order to get any AC to work in this situation please?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@dorman  I’m still wanting to know what kind of step your trying to add the action to.

What application is step 61 targeting?  Just to reiterate, I’m talking about the step itself, not your advanced command that you’re trying to add.

Thank you