Run on excel table that have a full table with colors, but not any data inside (so I dont need all the table)

• 23 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone

I'm running on excel file and taking all the table from it (don't know the actual size).

when I'm showing what I got from the excel file - it gives me all the table including all the empty rows (but with the delimiters |||||_)

I have a loop that runs on the data and split it into row and variables and after that insert the variables into SQL, and then go to the next row.

in the loop after it ran on the data it will still run and will show me that the row = '|'.

how can I fix this???

I can add an IF to check if the first variable is empty but that means that the loop will run one more time for no reason..

4 replies

Hi. Maybe add a row counter (excel command) and set variable counter with mathematics+1 every time you loop and then check that the row counter equals your counter and then the wizard should stop

I cant check it right now

But I think that I need to know the total count of the rows that have data, and if I will check it with the Kryon command it will give me the count of the full table and not the amount of rows with data inside (full data = the rows with the color but no data).

so I'm still in the same problem of how to know how many rows I have in the Excel table

what I did was Split between the real table and the rest of garbage by a sequence of the row and columns delimiter (Example: row is __ column is ||

so the sequence is __|||| ... for couple of columns, each column u add the delimiter)

About the colored rows, my experience is that the row under the colored row will be colored automatic.. It will drag the color to the next row..