Solved

RPA, How to switch or active application ?

• 31 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

My coding has opened 2 applications such as Internet Explorer and Excel, Does RPA has function to call or switch to desire application ? (may be more than 2 apps in the future)

Remark, i’m not interested on Key shortcut as Alt+Tab, need functional command also be better.

icon

Best answer by TarekMostafa 17 April 2023, 11:08

View original

6 replies

Badge +4

In additional, how to check each actively opened application status ?
I need to check that for avoid duplication opening application.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Qootaro A Nintex team member will get back to you shortly.  Thanks for your patience.

Badge +1

@Qootaro

You need to use the command “Get step window handle” to capture the application(s) window(s) and put each in a variable (an image of the application screen must be recorded in this step)

Then you can utilize the command “Control Window State” and choose the option “bring to front” to switch between applications.

To check the status of actively opened applications, you can utilize the “check window state” command.

Badge +4

Thank you @TarekMostafa

I have one more scenario, how to check exist IE application actively or opened at start of wizard ?

Example, trigger starting then robot check IE app open status.

Badge +4

@Sasan @TarekMostafa Do you have suggestion about this one ? Please advise

How to check exist IE application actively or opened at start of wizard ?
Example, trigger starting then robot check IE app open status.

Badge

@Qootaro you can use the command “Get active application” and select the option “browser type”.

Thereafter check the return variable and confirm if it matches the browser type that you are attempting to identify.

You should use this command at the step end of the 1st step that has IE window recorded. If the IE browser window is opened and matches the step’s Windows properties, it should be automatically brought to front as the active application. And with that, the above command will help you verify the window. If you do not get the desired return result, then the next step is to use “Run Program” and launch IE again with the desired target URL.